Just back 10/10-10/17 Here's were we ate!

jennirella

Earning My Ears
We had a great time and some great meals. The cast was myself (30), DH (30), DD(13), DS(4) and DS (1).
On half of the trip we had my sister-in-law and her family with us.
First half of trip we stayed in Wilderness lodge villas.

Arrival day Sunday 10/10 Whispering Canyon lunch - We did not have a PS for this. We arrived and were hungry so we checked in and went over for lunch. They had no problem with seating our party of 9. My husband and brother in law had the fried chicken and said it was very good. I had the nachos and I was a little disappointed. They were not as good as I was expecting. They really didn't have too much stuff on top. My Sister in law had the chicken sandwich and said it was good. Kids had nuggets and grilled cheese they said it was good. We had apple pie and brownie with ice cream for dessert. None of us cared for the apple pie but everyone liked the brownie. We had a very good waitress and they did the pony rides for the kids and also all the men had to sing I'm a little teapot. It was great.

Dinner O'hana - Awesome as usual. This was our second time here. The wontons, wings, rice and salad were awesome and the meats just melt in your mouth. It was my sister in laws family first time and they loved it also. One of our best meals of the trip.

Monday, 10/11 - breakfast was just cereal in the room my DH and DD has surfing lessons early so they just grabbed a bagel at typhoon lagoon.

Lunch Roaring Forks just got burgers and fries. It was very good.

Dinner We were still full from lunch so we just had smore's at Fort Wilderness Campfire.

Tuesday, 10/12 - Breakfast Whispering Canyon - My brother in law and I had the skillet. It was very good. My Sister in law had the french toast. I tried it and it was very good. My DH had pancakes and he said they were very good. IMO breakfast was much better here than lunch. Not to many antics in the morning but the food was so good.

Lunch - We just had some nachos around the pool.

Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern for MNSSHP - This was the best meal of the trip. That bread with the honey butter was out of this world. The meats were great. My Dh and I did not really care for the ham but the other meats were very good. They brought the kids grilled cheese and chicken fingers. (They are very picky eaters.) Dessert was apple cobbler with ice cream which was very good. They brought the kids worms and chocolate pudding. They loved it. Character interaction was very good. The characters came around a few times. Will definately do this again.

Wednesday, 10/13 - Breakfast at Roaring Forks. Just bagels.

Lunch - We rented a golf cart at the campground and we got hungry so we got sandwiches at General Store in Fort Wilderness. They were really really bad. But what do you expect from premade sandwiches.

Dinner - went to TGIF near downtown disney. It was good.
Had hot fudge sundaes afterwards at Giardelli's. It was okay but not enough hot fudge.

Moved over to yacht club.

Thursday 10/14 - Character breakfast at Cape May. We do this one every trip. Food was good as always. Character interaction was not as good. We only saw Minnie and Chip one time and it was very rushed.

Dinner - Beaches and Cream. This is one of our favorite places. Kids had grilled cheese. DH had chicken sandwich and I had burger and fries. It was good. I had NO WAY JOSE and it was great. DH has peanut butter sundae and loved it as usual.

Friday 10/15 - Just had breakfast in the Conceige lounge.

Lunch - Pizza planet in MGM. Just had pizza all around. It was good.

Dinner - Beaches and Cream again. I told you it is our favorite. We had the same things but this time it was so much better than the day before. My burger for some reason was much better this time.

Saturday 10/16 Breakfast in the lounge.

Lunch was snacks in the lounge and ice cream by the pool.

Dinner - Yachtsman Steakhouse - Biggest disappointment of the trip. First of all it was our Anniversary and I was so excited to try this place. I told them it was our Anniversary when I made the PS. I saw it written on the card when we arrived but nothing. They didn't even mention anything. Not even a Happy Anniversary or anything. Then we waited 15 minutes for the waiter (Antonio) to come to our table to even get a drink order. He seemed to have an attitude. The kids had the Mickey Pasta and loved it. My DH and I had NY Strip with Blue Cheese. The steak tasted burned and neither of us liked the Blue Cheese Sauce. It was not what I expected at all. Kids had a dessert cupcake which they had fun with but for $120 I was not impressed at all.

Sunday - 10/17 Breakfast in the lounge and just snacks by the pool.

Overall we had alot of good meals. Just a few disappointments. Any questions, let me know.

Thanks.

I love reading restaurant reviews. I hate to hear about Yachtsman Steakhouse. This use to be our favorite but we haven't gone back in several years because the prices went up so drastically. However, I've never had a bad experience there...service or food.

I love Beaches & Cream as well! We always eat there 2-3 times on our trips. Can't help myself.

We're going for Thanksgiving weekend - staying 4 nights. A little quickie trip. We're staying at the Swan for the first time. Thank goodness it's a short walk to Beaches & Cream. We're also eating at Chefs de France (Candelight Processional Package), Concourse Steakhouse (very good - and moderately priced), Kona Cafe (breakfast), Garden Grove @ Swan (breakfast buffet), and Kimonos (sushi at the Dolphin).

PamNC

Glad you had a great time and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We just got back as well and I must say I am disappointed to hear about your Yachtsman experience. I've heard this off and on over the past few years. DH and I loved this place years ago, it was one of the best but that was at least 8 years ago!

We almost ate there on Saturday night too but couldn't get in until 9:00 so we didn't go there. Good thing after reading your experience. They could have at least acknowledged your anniversary, I would have been disappointed as well. I would let guest relations know about that experience. It's not a cheap place and if the meal was less than satisfactory (as the service) you bet I would be emailing them.

Glad to hear you enjoyed B&C-we had lunch there on Thursday and it was quite enjoyable.

Sounds like a great trip. Happy to hear about Liberty Tree Tavern....it's probably our single favorite restaurant in all of Disney when you factor in everything....food, characters, atmosphere, etc.
And I agree about Whispering Canyon....I think breakfast is their best. (Skillet breakfast....yum!)

Thanks for the great reviews - we just discovered Beaches & Cream & the Cape May Breakfast on our last trip - we'll definitely be returning to both in January! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter