Just back! 10/1/17

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
Just back from our quick trip to enjoy the Food & Wine!

The weather was touchy. Our main F&W day was filled with evening rain.
.38 Special rocked!

Unfortunately I had nothing that blew me away food wise. Probably the best thing I had was the Brazil cheese bread. Mmmmm...I gotta get a recipe for that! Spam hash from Hawaii was ok too. Also enjoyed the Wasabi Shumai Pork from Japan.

I will say the worst thing I had was the Cauliflower risotto at Almond Orchard. Bleh! What the heck was that!

First time in Pandora. Sure wish I liked the movie. It would probably be more profound to me because the place is amazing looking.

Ugh. The Na'avi river Journey. Waited 65 minutes for that. The queue is so boring. I thought they were trying to improve queues these days. Ah well. The ride itself was meh....just meh. Beautiful yes but lacking somehow. Again since I'm not an Avatar fan that could be why. I don't see myself ever waiting for that one again or wasting a fast pass.

FoP on the other hand....wow!! Just wow! So thrilling. Almost made me cry. Took my breath away. Can't say enough good things about it. If you can bare to take your eyes off the screen for a second to look around the theatre it is equally impressive. Disney really flexed its creative muscles on this one. Bravo!

So glad LTT started serving wine! Woot woot!

Boo for Splash being down. Lame!

What's up with the new pictures taken on pirates!?! It blinded me for the first minute of the ride! It's also in the most ridiculous place. Like to thump the head of the genius behind that.

I have a new favorite. The pan fried Asian noodles from Captain Cooks! Oh these are good. The best part is they're great cold too! I took it back to PoR with me and ate it for an evening snack.

Had a great trip!

How were the crowds / weather? we did September for low crowds but loved the last week of November better for the weather.

How were the crowds / weather? we did September for low crowds but loved the last week of November better for the weather.
Well. Temp wise it was awesome. Weather wise we got quite a bit of rain. That's our second F&W that we were completely soaked. I was trying to count my blessings it wasn't a hurricane cause that's still hurricane season.

Well. Temp wise it was awesome. Weather wise we got quite a bit of rain. That's our second F&W that we were completely soaked. I was trying to count my blessings it wasn't a hurricane cause that's still hurricane season.
We were there during Irma and the 3 days before weather was perfect. The 6 days after we got caught in the rain only once. How were the crowds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts