June 22 Magic-part 1

BethA

DIS Veteran
We left Pgh for Orlando on a beautiful sunny day and arrived in the middle of a downpour. The flight down was fine except as usual they changed our assigned seats from close to the front to hanging onto the tail. When we were about to land they announced that Air Force One was behind us and we saw it land-that was kind of neat. The driver from Happy Limo was waiting for us and had agreed to meet our friends at Denny's to follow us to the hotel. He was very patient because it was quite a wait. The ride was fine-all the drinks we requested, but only 2 movie choices -so we watched Beauty and the Beast. We liked them better than Tiffany that we used previously. Arrived at the Radisson in the pouring rain. We had a whirlpool suite and it was great. The kids swam when the rain let up. We went next door to Kelsey's and were not crazy about it. The food was okay, but our service was terrible!!!. Went back to the Radisson and met some of the Dis group by the pool. Everyone was very friendly and it was great to put a face with all the posts. Sorry we never met up on the boat, but we had a large group of our own to try to coordinate.
In the morning we were supposed to be on the 10:20 shuttle, but it was later than that. there was already a line when we arrived. Did I mention it was raining so hard you could barely see the ship?The repeat cruiser line was longer so we checked in at the regular line We waited in line and my 6 yr old, Brandon saw the CM who did the count down last year . Last year we were first in line and Brandon did the count down. Well he was brave enough to ask to do it again and they said yes!!! He was so excited!! I saw that concierge guests now board first-last yr we were in a suite and they didn't do that. Sure beats standind in line.
After boarding we realized we had first seating even though our documents had said late, but it worked out fine. We went to Parrot Cay--no topsiders, because of the rain, and enjoyed the buffet, the onto our cabin-8062. Having a suite last yr it seemed small at first-probably due to ALL our luggage, but once we were settled it was fine. Most of our luggage fit under the bed and I shoved the rest in the closet. We brought extra hangers and needed them. I enjoyed the veranda each morning for coffee. My parent were in 7504--cat 8 and it was fine for them. They did have to request hangers-none at all. And an extension cord, my mom has a sleep apnea machine. The boat drill was more organized than last time and went quickly. By the time we got settled it was time for the sailaway. It had slowed to an occassional drizzle so it was fun. We had checked on an upgrade, but only cat 9 were available. Dinner was in Parrot Cay--table 23-for 14. Servers were Glenn-nice, but very professional--serious until the last day. Navneet was great-wonderful with the kids-very attentive. They brought extra desserts, appetizers and entrees every meal. They brought a cake for Missy's bday and we got to know Zouhaier the head server. We loved him . The kids called him Zoolander the whole trip. When I checked Brandon into the club the girl remembered him from last year-which amazed me.We went to the Mickey Mania game show-cute, but not great. The welcome aboard show was good-especially the comedian, Steven Scott. The kids explored the ship and came in later than we did. We had Shirley from the Perfect Gift send baskets-which were wonderful, and drinks to the room--easier than dragging them. she always does a great job, and is an amazing person!! Our room steward was Fermin and he was excellent. We got back to our first towel animal-a swan and the collapsable cooler filled with ice.

To bad about the drizzle, I so enjoy eating outside and always choose Topsiders over Parrot Cay for the welcome aboard lunch. If not topsiders, a quick burger, pizza or chicken fingers from Pluto's or Pinnochio's. I love eating outside!

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Tina

Originally posted by BethA
After boarding we realized we had first seating even though our documents had said late, but it worked out fine. We went to Parrot Cay--no topsiders, because of the rain, and enjoyed the buffet, the onto our cabin-8062.

Oh my! I had to stop in my tracks after reading that....because I'm booked in your cabin for the 1/18/03 Western sailing!

ROFLMAO!

I am enjoying your report so far. :D

Originally posted by flutter
Lori,
I thought you were in cabin 6082.?
Tracy:confused:

Oops, yes I am. I saw the numbers and reversed some of them. LOL! Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed now. Thanks for noticing, Tracy.
:eek: :smooth:

Sorry Lori,
Didn't mean to embarrass you, I just thought I was mistaken about us being neighbors for a minute there ;) :Pinkbounc
I just love this bouncy guy LOL
Tracy

Originally posted by flutter
Sorry Lori,
Didn't mean to embarrass you, I just thought I was mistaken about us being neighbors for a minute there ;) :Pinkbounc
I just love this bouncy guy LOL
Tracy

It would take a lot more than that to embarrass me. LOL! You like bouncy, you say? :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

How's that? ;)

Yes, we're still cabin neighbors on the cruise. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter