June 22 Magic-Final thoughts

BethA

DIS Veteran
This was our second trip on the Magic and I think we enjoyed the Eastern more becuse we enjoy the days at sea--although we are booked for the Western for Aug 2, 2003--in the Walt suite--yeah!! Being our second trip we had a feel for the ship and what we wanted to do, so that saved the time to become familiar with everything. We traveled with several other families and that made the trip even more fun. For next year I hope my 13 yr old will be able to take a friend. I think it's hard for a teen traveling alone. Most of them seem to have someone with them. My 6 yr old enjoyed the structured activities in the club, but there was way too much free time that he wasn't crazy about. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. We found the entertainment great-way too much food- there should be something for every taste-and the atmosphere amazing. I do believe the cast members play a large part in the success of your cruise. We could not have asked for better CM than those that helped us. We tipped above the suggested especially for Navneet and Zouhaier. By the end of the cruise they had become like our family. We did see some unsupervised and unruly kids. There was on incident in front of the elevators on deck 8. They should also try somehow to stop kids from monopolizing the elevators for fun. My mother can't do the stairs and always had to wait forever. We bought a lot of pictures at Shutters and found the package to be a good savings. Buy your 8x 10s the last night to get the free frame.
I'm sorry these posts have been rambling and not as detailed as some. Most of all thanks for all the great info from these boards. Beth

Thanks for taking the time to post your report, I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. I chuckled when you compared docking the Magic to parallel parking, I can't do that either and will drive out of my way to angle park instead!! :D Lucky you to be booked in the Walt suite, that is something I hope we can do eventually too...just once in my lifetime I want to see how the other half lives...tee hee...:D Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and comments about your cruise.

Having just returned from a cruise, it's nice to have a cruise already booked. Something to look forward to. I always need a vacation in the distance as a goal and a Disney cruise is a nice goal.

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Tina
Western Magic 1/18/03 almost at the 6 month mark!

I really enjoyed your trip report. We are going on the Magic Western 8/3 and also have no excursions booked yet. We also just want to see what we feel like when we get to the islands.

Thanks for posting and I truly believe the CM's do play a very important part in how you experience the cruise. We have always had great CM's all around. Just curious if you want to share the name of the CM who you felt did not give 100%. I'd like to see if it is the same on our upcoming cruise. If you want to you could PM me if you do not want to post the name here.

Thanks again for your report.

MJ

His name was Powell. He was one of the cruise staff involved in the games and dances, etc. Maybe he was having a bad cruise but he was very rude to our kids several times for no reason and that was so far out of the ordinary it was quite noticable.

He is a super upbeat guy, he transfered from the wonder to the magic last September and I can not belive that he was rude. It must have been a bad week for him... maybe his last of this contrct I know my last week i was ready to go!

~J~

I am shocked it was Powell. It must had been a bad cruise for him, we encountered him on two of our previous cruises and he has always been upbeat and very friendly toward everyone, including children.

On our last cruise at CC he actually came up to our umbrella and asked all the kids if they would like accompany him down to water and watch him feed the fish. He had a group of about 10-12 kids and he was explaining all the different kinds of fish and answered all their questions, etc. We were commenting to each other how well he interacted with all the kids.

I am not making excuses for him, if he was rude, that is unacceptable, but I am just surprised.

MJ

It sounds like he must have been having a bad week then. I know I could never been as upbeat as the CM are 24--7. they have a hard job and deserve a lot of credit.

Be sure to follow the tip here about grouping your photos together at Shutters. They took them down rather quickly and a lot of people had to go through a drawer full to find theirs-They don't really throw them away til after I quess. The packages offered were a good savings and the free picture frame with the free picture of the ship is for buying 5 8x 10s. I bought several throughout the trip and didn't get the frame because of that. They said I could bring back my receipts, but after standing in line for 30 minutes, I wasn't about to go back and dig through my packed suitcase and wait again. If you can help it do not wait til the last night to buy pictures, The line was unbelievable and there is always that 1 person who gets to the front and wastes an extra 10 minutes making up her mind then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter