June 2018 Car rental thread

Not sure if this provides a better deal for anybody:

New!Get 10% off at Alamo. Valid on all car classes. 5 day minimum, 27 day maximum rental period. Saturday overnight keep required, subject to availability. Use contract ID 10% OFF PROJECT TIME OFF. Reserve by 2/6/18, valid for travel 3/1/18 – 8/31/18.
I tried typing that in and it is not valid. That is a weird code. Usually it is shorter. Has it worked for anyone else?

Universal uses hertz, or after you drop everything off at the hotel there is an enterprise nearby - you could have them take you back to the universal hotel or use Avis and drop off at the double tree and walk back to the universal hotel - there is a path next to the universal parking garage so it is only the length of the garage. Then once back on property take the shuttle to your hotel

My price with Costco dropped $30 today. It's still high, $350 for 10 days but it has dropped twice since I booked it.

Alamo Rent A Car: Upgrade and Costco Member Savings Valid for Travel Through: 12/31/2018
Minimum Rental: 1 Day
Contract ID: 7014627
Coupon Code: AU2291VYT

This is on Costco website. I didn't notice a real big difference with it though. Rates have been so much higher past couple years. We used to get a Minivan every year but we've been going down in car size the past few years because of cost. My family always takes ME so we can have luggage delivered to resort. I rent car at MCO and meet them at resort. We use RAC at resort on the way home. So by not needing trunk space for luggage, a smaller car has been sufficient.

Last edited:

I just booked a Standard sized car through Costco Travel this morning for our June 2018 trip. Except for our last night, we're staying off site the whole time.

Sat 6/9 - Sat 6/16
Standard sized car with Budget rental car
Total cost incl. tax: $249.14

I looked this morning on carrentalsavers.com for those same dates. Cheapest it came up with was $281 including tax through Hertz.
Also, I just wanted to say a big :thanks: to the OP for starting this thread! :disrocks:

AUGH! Mine has moved in weeks. I really hope it goes down soon. 3 months to go....

I'm needing June 9th 10:30 am till June 20th 5 pm... best I can find is $399 for a company I've heard of before.

Just got a good deal thru expedia. After I paid they showed Thrifty as my car rental company. Got my 12 days for $287.66 total for kia Rio or similar. That's $100+ cheaper than I've seen recently.

I booked a Standard for June 5 - 9:00 PM pick-up through June 14 - 8:00 AM drop-off through Costco (Alamo) for $302, which includes the extra driver--so roughly 8.5 days.

I'm looking for early June and usually by this time, I have canceled and re-booked several times. Not this year, prices keep going up. Is there a special event that I'm missing that may be causing higher demand?

I'm looking for early June and usually by this time, I have canceled and re-booked several times. Not this year, prices keep going up. Is there a special event that I'm missing that may be causing higher demand?
I’ve been finding the same thing. Hoping prices start to come down soon or there may not be a rental in our future for this trip. :crazy2:

I have the same issue for our April trip. Prices never went down. I am hoping for a drop for our June dates but I am hopeful.

In April we have 10 days for $245 which isn't that bad but way more than previous years.

Took $35 off our our late June/early July rental using the same codes I did originally (posted above-Costco) with Alamo.

I finally found a small drop for early June for seven nights through Costco. It was only about $10, but at least it's a move in the right direction. I also noticed that a mid-size SUV was only $20 more than a standard sedan, so I currently have two reservations until we make up our mind.

I rebooked our Costco with Alamo ressie today, price dropped $20 for a standard and $15 for an Int Suv. I'm holding both right now too.

My Costco/Alamo ressie dropped about $23 today too! At least it's a step in the right direction! I have a 9 day reservation for a standard 6/7 - 6/16 for $280. I hope it comes down more but not too horrible.

I just booked a mini van from June 18th until June 29 - 591.81 from Alamo with Autoslash. It is still high but it is alot better than I was looking at last week. Will keep looking for hopefully at better rate.

We needed a car to drive FROM disney to New Orleans. I've been looking for months and could only get $400+. Recently I checked again on Kayak and found $114 full-size car rental for 7 days from the bonnet creek area.

If you choose the orlando area and use the map on Kayak, you might find significantly cheaper options. But then again, you will have to get transport from the airport. We are using MDE to the resort and then will uber over to Bonnet Creek when we need to pick up the car.

Another note, aren't they charging for parking now at the Disney resorts? That's another reason I chose to find other transportation to the resort. at BCV the reported costs are $24/day for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter