June 1st Magic!

luv2kids

DIS Veteran
We just returned from the June 1 sailing of the Magic and had a great time! We traveled with 11 people, 5 of which were children!
We arrived a day early and stayed at the Radisson. We checked in around 11:00 and they had a room available! We chose the one bedroom with the whirlpool! It was the perfect!

On the day of embarkation, we took the Avis shuttle over around 9:45am and went directly into the terminal. Check in started promptly at 11:00am and there were no lines at the Castaway Club desk. We got in line and started to board at 12:00!
Once on the ship we went to Parrot Cay for buffet lunch! The selection was nice!
We left the children with the husbands and went off on our venture to secure our ressies for Palo and the Spa! We got everything we wanted, Palo for Sunday night, Palo Brunch for Monday( we should have spread these further apart), High Tea on Thursday and Vista Spa for the Surial Bath on Monday! Afterwards the children were registered for the Kids Clubs! My 10 year old was thrilled that he didn't have to be signed in or out!
He did very well navigating the ship and being semi on his own!
Two way radios and post it notes made this work!

Our stateroom(#5108) was ready and we got settled in and unpacked! The over the door shoe bag holder was wonderful!
We met our hostess Jeryll who was from the Phillipines. We brought her a New Orleans T-Shirt and a bag of our famous Zapps potato chips! She was thrilled!

We went up later for the Sail Away party! The weather was perfect!

Our servers were Lorenzo from Italy and Gordon from Scotland!
They were great with the children and spoiled us too!

We reserved two shore excursions. In St. Maarten, we did the Island Tour and Butterfly Farm and in St. Thomas we chose the St. John Trunk Bay Snorkeling trip. In the future I don't think we will book any shore excursions, we will explore on our own.

We enjoyed our days at sea. We attended the Adult Entertaining
Series with Joselito the Chef and Tea with Wendy! We also secured tickets to the Galley tour!

Castaway Cay was beautiful! Make sure you use that sunscreen on all your exposed parts! I missed a few! The fresh fruit bar was delicious! Strawberries, Bananas, Pineapple, apples, oranges, mango, watermelon, and papaya!

Debarkation was simple! We were back at the Radisson and the Avis office by 8:15 and our our way back to Orlando shortly after that! We stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport. We stopped by around 9:00am to see when our room would be ready and they allowed us to check in at 9:00! It felt really good to get a nap and wash a few loads of clothes!

To finish our vacation, we went to Medieval Times in Kissimmee.
My 10 year old and husband enjoyed it! I felt it was a little overpriced!

If you have any questions, let me know! I'll be glad and try to help! These boards were so helpful in our trip planning even though we had been once before!

Bon Voyage to all you future cruisers!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter