June 16th Wonder disembarkation and final thoughts Part IV

Irishmom23

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Some Tag Fairies
The last day of our cruise and we had early breakfast (6:45 AM!!) because we had first seating. Disembarkation was easy, we just walked off the ship, and claimed our luggage in the color coded section for our deck. There were plenty of porters ready and willing to help. We had booked DCL transfers to take use to Port Orleans Riverside for our eight day stay at WDW. We were met outside and directed towards the DCL buses. Imagine my surprise when we were piled into a Mears van (five of us) with another family of four! It was hot, and it was a VERY crowded ride, despite the air-conditioning, for the 45 minutes it took to get to PO. Not nearly as comfortable as the bus! We were in WDW by 10:15 AM, and in the parks by 12 noon, having already been to our room and unpacked! The rest of the week needs no explanation. It's DISNEY!!
This was our first cruise as a family, and was beyond expectation. Each child had their own favorite part, and are quite jealous that Mom and Dad will be taking the 7 day Eastern Sept. 6, 2003 without them! Some suggestions: Pack 1/2 of what you "think" you need. Bring the over the door shoe holder, especially if you have children. Indispensible for holding everything from hair supplies to flip-flops. Bring luggage that can fit inside each other and under the beds. I had a great set of new luggage, but it was too deep to fit under the beds and not all of it fit into each other or in the closet, so we were constantly climbing over the luggage against the wall. Illuminating alarm clock. Duffle bag for souveniers, especially if your trip includes a WDW stay. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Get stateroom gifts from The Perfect Gift! The kids loved them, and it included soft drink six packs, snacks, and sand toys, so that we didn't have to lug it all on board. Shirley does an AWSOME job. Wear sneakers to board and bring sandals or flip-flops, along with one pair of dressy shoes or sandals that will go with everything, in the suitcase. We brought WAY too many shoes! One suit for the "dress-up"
night(s) and formal pictures (if you want those), and a couple of pairs of nice pants with shirts for the other dining rooms for the men. Keep a close tab on your spending-it can add up quickly with all those "must haves"!! The lanyard sold on the ship is great for your KTTW. One of my girls brought her own with a plastic sleeve attached which also served the purpose quite well. No cards were lost, and they were always handy. On the excursions, I tucked the kids's cards into my holder, along with my ID, and it was always within easy access. Enjoy all that the ship has to offer, but don't go crazy trying to do it all! Relax and enjoy!! Irishmom23

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter