July in Italy

figmentfan2009

Mouseketeer
Okay... What is the weather going to be like in Italy in July? I know that there will be times when I can't wear shorts. I know there will be times when i can (but probably won't...).

What will the weather be like? For anyone who has been there... is it hot (given that I live in central texas... maybe maybe not like where you live)... is it hot or humid there? What was the temperature like last year? Should I be moving my walks to the heat of the day to get ready for it?

I know that we will be spending our "free" time out looking around the areas so I want to be really really ready...

Thanks in advance...

I don't know anything about Italy in July, but I wanted to say HI! I am happy to see a post from you!:yay:

I hope you have an amazing time in Italy. Our family is returning to China for a second try... I look forward to reading about your trip.

2girlsmama (happy mother's day!!!!)

I'm so happy you are going to make the attempt again.:cool1: China was the most magical place I think I've ever been... I've been looking through pictures the last few days thinking that if I ever run away from home... I'm positive it is going to be to china...

It has been such a wild and wooly 2010 so far... I'm thinking that running away from home sounds like a fantastic idea...

My husband is from northern Italy, Lake Como region. I spent last summer there with the in-laws. It was hot for me but I am from Maine. The summer in the north runs 80's to 90's. It can be muggy too. If you are going to the south I would expect higher temps. Nothing that a nice Gelato :cloud9: and a stroll in a cool church can't fix. :littleangel: I hope you have a wonderful trip to Italia!!

It can get pretty hot, but temperature was in the 80s the last two times we went in July. Instead of wearing shorts, wear skirts (ones that hit the knee) instead - having shorts on will get you turned away if you want to visit churches.

OH OH OH.... If you go anywhere on your own in Beijing... make sure that the Taxi cab is one of the "state" run cabs... I forget the cab colors, but the license (if I remember right...) starts with B

It will definitely be hot. We went in August. I wore capris most of the time, and skirts for the real church-heavy days. It was wonderful! I am sure you will have a fantastic time, and hopefully the heat won't get in your way. I don't remember being uncomfortable, but then I really love the heat.

We did Viva Italia mid to late June and the temperatures were hot! The great thing is no standing in line for your sightseeing. There were some on our trip who took the doubledecker bus tour in Rome and were unprotected from the sun on the top deck of the bus. :sunny:

try finding 100% cotton capris, cotton short sleeve tops or sleeveless tops with a short sleeve sweater. I like Ann Taylor sweater sets with 3/4 sleeves with black capris. Big flowing cotton skirts are also good--some wear biker/exercise shorts underneath to keep legs from getting uncomfortable. No need to walk in midday heat in TX---if you can handle WDW for a few hours in the summer, you are more than prepared.

We lived in Italy for the last three years very close to Venice. July is hot and can be muggy, but it does cool off in the evening. August was always our worst month.

I've spent about 3 months in Italy, and I remember that the summer was pretty hot. I'm from Mississippi so I am used to pretty hot summers, but it was comfortable in the evenings.

Figment Fan, I'm sorry to hear your 2010 has been so crazy. I hope your trip to Italy will enable you to sit back and enjoy a great glass of wine while ABD takes care of everything!

Thanks for your good wishes for our ABD China. We are really excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter