July 4th

clahew

Earning My Ears
What should I expect traveling to WDW the week of July 4th? We are staying at the wilderness lodge. I am beginning to get nervous because of the crowds and long lines.

What should I expect traveling to WDW the week of July 4th? We are staying at the wilderness lodge. I am beginning to get nervous because of the crowds and long lines.

My family is going the same week. We did the same trip two years ago. Yes it is busy. Very busy. If you have the magic bands and fast pass USE IT. we have booked a week of fast passes for the rides we really want. The fireworks show at the Kingdom is spectacular. The park is packed shoulder to shoulder from front to back. There is a great view wherever you are in the park. Be ready for a long exit, tons of people leaving at the same time and only one exit.
We opted to stay at the Polynesian this year. My hope is ghost we can see the fireworks from the resort.
Just remember, this place is super busy. Don't get frustrated if you can't do everything. It is a vacation, not work!

Just book your FP's ahead of time from home. That way you are sure to get on your must-do rides. We went last 4th of July and are going again this year because we had so much fun. The MK fireworks show is like nothing else I've ever seen, so be sure to find a viewing spot ahead of time -- I'm not sure if there are viewing areas from WL, maybe ask in the WL thread. We are staying at Poly and plan to watch the show right from there. I think it's on the 3rd and the 4th.

We visited last year over July 4 week and it was pretty bad. The parks were so crowded that we didn't enjoy them. We had 10 day hoppers and stayed 8 nights - and we only went to the park on 3 days.....if that tells you something.

We, however, are headed back in 3 days. Another 8 nts. This seems to be the only time of year we can go. Hoping for a better experience now that I am prepared.

Don't expect to eat Counter service meals. Be serious about planning your meals and knowing they'll have a table for you. We literally spent 2 hours trying to get something to eat one day at DHS.

You have to use rope drop. Forget sleeping in.

Enjoy the rain. When it stormed in the afternoon (it did this every single afternoon) we stayed in the park. It didn't clear out but it did become more "normal".

Plan some non-park days, if you can. I personally needed a break from the crowds, noise, heat and we took some time to go to the beach. That helped

Get your attitude right - you know what to expect so just expect it and tell yourself that you'll enjoy just being there for the experience. This year I'm not expecting anything specific, except crowds. We have ADRs for table service dinners and will eat lunch out of the parks. I went to Whole Foods last night and bought quick meal items for our room.

Pack your sense of humor! :rotfl:

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter