July 4th anything special planned at any of the parks?

zuzanne

Mouseketeer
:jester: Are any of the parks having any special July 4th celebrations? Would like to attend but need to start working on work schedules and reservations now.
Thanks
Suzanne

We went to WDW for the 4th of July 2002 and experienced Magic Kingdom that day. They had a fireworks display that evening, it was awsome! It will be VERY crowded (in any park), mentally prepare for that. If you want a good view for fireworks, stake out your spot 1 to 2 hours before the fireworks begin.

Yes it's crowded, but it's so much fun! We have decided that any time we feel like making a trip during summertime, we'll plan for the 4th of July :)
All the parks plan something special for the 4th of July visit: www.wdwig.com As July gets closer, they should have some info and then you can decide which park to visit that day.
One vote here for Magic Kingdom!!

Diznee25

We go every summer for the 4th of July and we love it!!! Yes it is crowded, but the parks are open later on that day, and it is really only the MK that is super crowded.

There are special fireworks planned, extended hours, flag pins are distributed at the entry ways to Epcot, maybe other parks too). There are also several LE pins that are released on the 4th, if you are into pin trading. :teeth: There are also other activities that are planned that you won't know about until closer to the holiday.

We love the festive atmosphere around the holiday. All that is needed for going this time of year, is some additional planning and preparation!!!:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Does MK get so crowded on the 4th that they close have to close the park. We were planning on going to MK in the afternoon and staying for the fireworks. My son would kill me if we can't get in.

buzz2400,

This past 4th of July 2002, we went to Epcot in the morning and then headed to MK around 6pm. We got in without waiting! I have heard in past years that MK does max out and it ends up closing. If you can't take any chances that day, I'd recommend you arrive in the morning and stay all day to catch the fireworks at night.

Diznee25:)

:earsgirl: We would be able to arrive late Monday night, June 30th and have to leave the afternoon of Thursday July 3rd. Hubby has to work on Friday the 4th. Do the fireworks celebrations go on all week or just on the 4th? We also had so much fun on New Years Eve at the character dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern we would like to do a character dinner again. For the 4th which park & restaurant would you all recommend?

Thanks for all the help.
Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter