Jiko or Boma? France or Germany?

Laralyn

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose for a young-ish couple at WDW, no kids. I'm fairly adventurous, but my BF is sometimes hesitant to try radically different foods. Neither one of us is a "get out of your seat and do the chicken dance" sort although we both have a pretty good sense of humor.

Right now, we have PS for Boma (dinner) and the Biergarten (lunch). Should I change those to one of the French restaurants and Jiko?

we enjoy jiko more than boma. can't comment on the epcot restaurants as we have never dined at germany.:tongue:

DH and I have eaten at the Biergarten (dinner) and Chefs de France (lunch and dinner). The Biergarten dinner was very good and the entertainment was enjoyable. (Don't worry, you won't be called up to do the chicken dance or any other dance for that matter. You can just sit and enjoy your meal and the entertainment in peace.) Since the meal is a buffet, you have the opportunity to try many different foods. Chefs de France is one of my favorites. IMHO, the food at Chefs de France is much better than Biergarten. I wasn't a big fan of Boma, but DH enjoyed his meals there during our AKL stay. Boma offers a buffet and so one can find something that they like. Hope this helps and if you have specific questions, I can try and answer them.

Definitely Chefs de France over Biergarten (for lunch or dinner). Chefs is a beautiful setting and every meal we've ever had there has been delicious. I'll admit I'm partial to French food over German food; the German food is a little too heavy IMO. Also, Biergarten is very noisy. As for Boma and Jiko, you really can't go wrong with either one. Since Boma is a buffet, it obviously offers more choices for a somewhat picky eater, and if your BF doesn't care for something, he can always opt for something else! I'm sure he'll find plenty to enjoy at Boma. We've eaten at Boma MANY times and the food is always delicious.

Ok..those choices are very different experiences. You are comparing two outstanding buffets / experiences to two wondeful sitdown restaurants.

Boma for dinner, even though it is a buffet is very laid back and relaxed. They have a small wine list and some african beers. The food is very good, service is wonderful also.

Jiko...is a sit down...time between the courses type meal. You don't want to rush, they don't rush you. Food is very good as well as the service.

Germany...we love this place for lunch. The food is wonderful..we love the entertainment during the meal. Excellent atmosphere.

Chefs de france..again..sit down..great service and food.

We love all four of these places, just depending on the mood and what we feel like eating. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Jiko and Chefs de France. The other 2 are fine, but they are buffets and we are not buffet people.

Just a warning...if you go to Germany you will be seated with other families at large tables. Although you don't have kids there is high chance that they will, so if you're not up to dining with kids I would steer clear. I also personally think the food is better and the atmosphere is more relaxing in France. It all depends on what you're looking for...

Boma for adventure, Chefs de france for lunch-the 'French menu' gives you french onion soup, ham & cheese sandwich, and FABULOUS creme broulee for dessert for about $15.
We weren't too impressed with biergarten, but you might really like it...I would go to France if it were me though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter