Jewelry insurance?

We added a personal items policy for several pieces of jewelry and guns, but all total, it's just over $300/year. I'd asked about getting my Star wars art prints insured, but it as much to add those as the other jewelry, so I didn't. I sometimes think about adding something for my whole SW collection, but I can't imagine trying to do the inventory.....one of these days, I'll sit down and do that. It is A LOT!

What's the appraised value of the items?

Average seems to be about 1-2% of the value.

We pay about $107-$108 for $9,050 amount of coverage on the homeowners, I remember it being about $120 or so when the value was $11,500 (gold pricing was high when it was appraised at that time).

I'm not positive but that poster that said $26 would be an outlier for the value being appraised, I want to say they have a military policy so pricing may not be reflective of the majority.

When I was at the insurance company we used to recommend Lloyd's of London for either extremely high value items or too unique of collectables.

i continue to be surprised that there's no cap on text books and computer equipment b/c if your car is broken into (or your college student's) the contents come under homeowners and/or renters. allot of the smash and grabs involving cars occur around campus areas in our area-they go for the laptops and text books.
That's why I always recommend college student renters' insurance. I've never lost money on it. At the worst, I've broken even. And your homeowner's doesn't get a ding.

I received an expensive gift of jewelry that I am fearful to leave uninsured. Adding to my renters insurance will cost $1,100 a year.

Does anyone have jewelry insurer that they recommend? Thanks all!
Agreeing with others that $1,100 is insane. The insurance rider for my Wife's wedding ring and so forth is NOWHERE close to that.

That's why I always recommend college student renters' insurance. I've never lost money on it. At the worst, I've broken even. And your homeowner's doesn't get a ding.

not wanting to have our homeowners take a hit for a smash a grab on the car was why we did renters when our oldest went to college. a year's coverage was less than our homeowner's deductable and the renter's deductable was a fraction of the cost.

Late to the party here...I am a bookkeeper for a jewelry store. Jewelers Mutual is the company they recommend for insurance. Not sure of premiums as I don't have anything insured, but I see the claims come through for loss/repair. They're pretty easy to work with from my standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter