Jeccaboos First Time : Day 3 - That Should Never Have Happened!

Jeccaboos

<font color=green>it is worth going just for the v
Day 1: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27293972#post27293972&highlight=

Day 2: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1965245&page=1&highlight=

-----------------------------------------------------------

So we'd had our 2 days in Disney and set off for the second part of our holiday to a campsite in Jard Sur Mer in the Vendee. Driving the 5hrs to get there, we had the most gorgeous weather .... unfortunately that wasn't to last.

We had 5 days of the most torrential rain and thunderstorms I have ever known. We had picked a beautiful site in a lovely, quiet village but when it rained there was absolutely nothing to do. After discovering that our mobile home had a roof leak and we had to be moved to a tent as all the others were booked, we made a really hard decision to leave the site and come home early as the forecast was to be the same for the remaining few days that we were there.

BUT we had a day left on our tickets for Disney which was just about to expire, so, leaving the site at 7am, we decided that it would be a wonderful end to a crappy few days. And honestly, it was the best day of the three.

We arrived at the park at just before noon and decided to go into the studios as we hadn't spent much time there. DD & DS both got the airbrush tattoos (which lasted for ages) and we saw Armageddon effects, the HSM show, Agrabah, Cars and DS & DH did the TOT. DS's face when he came off was :sick: but despite this, he did say he would go on again.

Wanted to do the Trams but the queue was pretty horrific so we left it.

The highlight of the whole 3 days for us was when we were walking over towards Sully and we spotted Jasmine and Aladdin coming out of the side door. Jasmine is DD's favourite princess and she ran over to her but they gestured to us that they had to go over to the Agrabah ride. The coolest bit was that Aladdin took hold of Jess' hand and walked down with her before signing and doing pictures. Jasmine then knelt down and stoked DD's cheek and said something to her and then said 'that means you are very cute'. :love:

Headed over to the Park and saw the Mary Poppins show, did a few more rides, up the castle etc, chased Jack Sparrow (who told me off for being an impudent missy for not calling him 'Captain' :rotfl: ) but had loads of character interaction that day. In fact we saw more out and about in about 2hrs than we had the whole of the two full days we had been before.

Another lovely moment was that we saw Pinnochio in Frontierland. He was obviously on his way back but he saw a young girl who was disabled waving to him from the table where she was having lunch. He went over to her, sat down opposite her and was doing lots of things to make her laugh, then giving her big cuddles. The girl really enjoyed it, you could tell and I thought it was such a lovely thing to do. Her mum was telling me that it had been difficult to get to see the characters close up because of her wheelchair and the amount of people that were around, so she was really touched.

Grabbed a quick bit to eat at Caseys, watched the parade, did POTC and Carousel for the millionth time, spent yet more money in the shops and at 9pm left the park for Calais, a very rough crossing and a long drive back to Lancashire.

Awwww - love that last pic of yours - says it all really :goodvibes .

Its so lovely when you get unexpected character interaction isn't it?

What a great end to what sounds like a nightmare time on the campsite! I only hope our camping adventure is slightly better in 6 days time!

Sounds like a wonderful day :thumbsup2

Just a thought - with "Captain" Jack being the way he is, I wonder how he feels having to sign a large padded bright yellow book with an oversized pen :rotfl:

Awwww that last photo brought tears to me eyes. :lovestruc

I don't blame you for trying to have a last minute day of fun after having a wash out of a camping holiday.

Just caught up on Day 2 too, I must have missed it when it was posted! What a brilliant last day. You definiately made the right decision! Sorry to hear that the rest of your holiday was a washout, but at least it ended on a high note. Your photos are lovely - especially the last one, just sums it all up.

Aww I have tears in my eyes reading about the character interaction, I love things like this :)

So sorry to hear about your time at the campsite but that bonus day at DLRP was :love:

I love that last photo too. :goodvibes

Wow - how weird that this has been resurrected the day before I go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter