Jeccaboos First Time : Day 2

Jeccaboos

<font color=green>it is worth going just for the v
(Finally got round to doing this after having a gallstone op and feeling generally like cr*p.)

Day1 is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27293972#post27293972&highlight=
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea was that we would be up at 7am, breakfasted and in the park for the start of EMH. As we didn't get back to the DCR until after midnight the previous night, it was nearer 8 when we woke up and, to a chorus of screams and tutting (mainly from me), we set off.

Arrived in the park at about 9.15 and headed over to Buzz and managed to get on after just a few minutes wait. DD and I decided to go off on our own so that the boys could do 'boy rides' - Orbitron, Star Tours etc - while us girls could do more sedate ones....carousel, Dumbo etc.

We were heading over to Fantasyland when we managed to get a glimse of Snow White, so after the obligatory detour to queue up and see her, an hour later we made it!

Luckily the ride queues were not too bad - I don't think we waited more than 15 mins for most of them which, as it was our last day in the park, we wanted to get on as much as possible.

Met up with the boys again and headed over to POTC before lunch, which had become a firm favourite. After being waylaid by the Character Express which my daughter insisted on running to see every time she heard the tune no matter where we were, we had a quick walk round Frontierland before deciding to head back to DCR for a while as both kids were grumpy and tired.

We headed back to the park around 4pm after they had had a sleep and DD donned her Snow White dress for the occasion. It was one of those where you wish you had stayed as when we got back it was horrendously busy and we were parked on about the millionth row in the car park. 3hrs later (well, it felt like it!) we got back into the park and after a quick browse in the shops, we headed over to Plaza Gardens for the tea-party.

Now I have to say I was not overly impressed. Yes there were lots of characters but it was like a scrum. We were seated in the conservatory bit which was quite nice as there were only about 10 tables, so when the characters came in you had them to yourself without other kids wandering up as they were in the main bit. Although the CM were shooing them away back to their tables, it sort of didn't happen really.

Food was OK but it was so busy and people were pushing and jostling you it was a bit off-putting and I don't know if I would go there again. We thought we were getting DD' cake from there originally and I am glad in retrospect that I messed up the booking. There were 14 birthdays in the afternoon that we were and the birthday child didn't get any real time with the characters as they brought the cakes out all at once and just did a general character dance, whereas DD got to dance with them the day before.
Finished up there and headed over to go on HISTA but decided at the last minute not to bother, so had another go on Buzz (I won again!) and intended to head back over to Fantastyland. On the way back though, we got caught up in the parade queues and couldn't get across Main Street. We hadn't intended to watch the parade, thinking that we could catch BTM instead. That didn't happen and we ended up watching the parade.

The funniest part was that DD was sat on her dad's shoulders, in her Snow White dress, and when the villains float went past, the Evil Queen saw her and pointed straight at her with a snarl on her face. DD was quite unperturbed by this and stuck her tongue out at her, which made the Evil Queen get even more 'angry'. :rotfl:

After the parade we decided to head over to BTM but the queue was horrific so we caught another few rides (can't remember what but POTC was definitely one of them AGAIN) before heading off back around 10pm. We were all pretty sad about it - there was loads we hadn't done and definitely felt that 2 days was not long enough.

We had an early start the following day as we had a 6hr drive ahead of us to our camp-site in the Vendee. Our Disney days were over for this trip.......or were they? :rolleyes1

What a wonderful sounding day! And thanks for the link to the first day too!

Great day :goodvibes
Shame about the Tea Party but lucky chance your daughter had had her birthday cake the day before :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear you have been poorly.

Great day at the park - DD looks very cute in her SW costume :)

Sorry to hear you've been poorly :( Hope you are on the mend. I'm intrigued about day 3 but might not get to find out as we go tomorrow ourselves!! ;)

Thanks for the report..and hope you're recovering well after your op.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter