Jawa in DHS still around? UPDATE: July 29th - Last Day for Jawas in Launch Bay

artesian

DIS Veteran
I read a post sometime last year you can find Jawas to trade trinkets with. I searched and didn't see anything posted recently and curious to know if they are still around. My kids were dying to do this and I will be going next week

Yes, but they don't always trade (or maybe they've stopped altogether?). DD7 was disappointed when the Jawa wouldn't trade with her - I don't remember what she had though

I was there March and they were there and trading. They liked the light up ball that I had, but not the pocket mirror my friend wanted to trade so keep in mind sometimes they won't trade.

I was told by a CM that the Jawas like shiny things or things with lots of color. ex a glitter ball or a glowstick. They are also instructed not to trade for anything of real monetary value. Best option is to buy a pack of glowsticks from the dollar store or order them from amazon.

We traded a glow stick last October and it ended up being the best character experience we ever had.

I was there in April, and the Jawas made a trade with me...I was there again last week, and the Jawas indicated they didn't have anything to trade. Now, this was later in the evening, and they showed me their "empty" pouches. With that said, the interaction was still great, as they both LOVED getting selfies & photos taken. Both my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Jawas, even though there was no trading going on. :)

I'm disappointed to hear that they are not as active as they were on our last trip (August 2016). I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and had SO much fun with the Jawas. I traded with them, they photobombed my photos, and just generally made my experience "magical." I have to say that it was probably my favorite and best character interaction.

I'm disappointed to hear that they are not as active as they were on our last trip (August 2016). I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and had SO much fun with the Jawas. I traded with them, they photobombed my photos, and just generally made my experience "magical." I have to say that it was probably my favorite and best character interaction.

Their still just as much active and can usually be found inside the launch bay or just outside of it

We were there last Friday and they were around but not trading. We were there in morning and actually went back in afternoon to see if they would trade but they wouldn't.

They were trading in May, but they are selective in what they trade for. They didn't want anything we had (although we didn't bring anything special to trade, just what we had in our bags) but I did see them trade with two little boys who had some kind of light up spinning things.
However, they still interacted with everyone and were very lively. They were a lot of fun and we got some great pictures.

They do trade still, but as others have said they are very selective. We had a child with us who was playing with his ear buds trying to untangle them which apparently caught the eye of one of the Jawas.......he/she came over and was very curious about them. The child was not a star wars fan and had no idea what was going on, so I told him that the Jawa just wanted to check out his ear buds. The child handed them over and Jawa began to inspect with scrutiny....Jawa attempted to hang it on his/her neck like a necklace, and I explained that they were tools to listen with and then the Jawa shook his/her head no and walked away. It was so funny.

We were there last week and DS had great interaction with them. He tried to trade, and they really liked the bracelet he had brought, but their bags were empty so they wouldn't take his item.

Alert:
Today, July 29th, is the last day for Jawas at Launch Bay!
(source: CM friends of Jawas)

Jawas will return when Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens in DHS.

Alert:

Oh wow! So we have to wait until 2019 to see them again? As much as I LOVE the Star Wars dessert party, I may not book it for our upcoming trip. There are so few things there to make DHS a priority for us right now. :(

DHS may be off the table next year for our visit. Frankly even if Toy Story land is open by our December2018 trip, the crowds for it may have nowhere else to go in the park. With GMR down and God knows what else they'll close by then during the refurbishment.

Glad our APs will include water parks instead!

Alert:

that's too bad. I love the Jawas!

Wonder if another roaming character will come in or it's just another (temporary) loss for HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter