January New Year, New You! Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
:welcome:
Welcome to our January Exercise Challenge! It's a New Year! Time to reset, refresh, and renew! I'll be your host and this month we will focus on setting achievable goals and finding inspiration. I'll be posting questions related to your goals for 2018, inspirational quotes, tips, whatever. We will have a loose theme this month! Feel free to share what has helped you find success as well! We are all a team here!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how the exercise tracking works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a set monthly number, or calculated based on a target number of minutes per day. - Since January has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month, we have:
"Bring it On" Blue - 10%
Overachieving Orange - 25%
Purpose Purple - 50%
Perseverance Pink - 75%
Resolution Red - 90%
Goal Green - 100%

We’re officially starting this challenge on January 1st (2nd, sorry we're late), but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants
Elizabeth Smith - 660/660
sophy1996 - 885/800 -- 111%

katt789 - 600/1395
GrandAdmiralStrife - 420/1500
PollyannaMom - 440/400 -- 110%
piglet1979 - 685/1395
Twilight Sparkle - 3160/1860 -- 170%
lovesmurfs - 2591/210
0 -- 123%
jaelless - 675/930
Tasha228 - 91/500

tinkerbye - 45/500
----------------------------------------
Team Total - 10252/9010 -- 114%

Last edited:
I'm adding about 10 minutes from walking around the mall yesterday to begin my month. A slow start is better than nothing! 10/660

We'll start things off with a simple question: What are your New Year's Resolutions, if you made any? It doesn't have to be exercise related either.
My goals are to lose a little weight, read at least 8 books, improve my sewing abilities, and achieve more in my job (read as get more $$$).

Hi! I'm definitely interested in joining up to see how my month improves with this help!

I'm going to aim for 45 mins per day.

My resolutions/goals for the year are:
-Save more $$/different 2nd job
-Lose 25 pounds(approx) fit into my clothes better
-Read more

1/2 workout: 25 mins of elliptical/27 mins of weight lifting

52/1395

Hi! I'm definitely interested in joining up to see how my month improves with this help!

I'm going to aim for 45 mins per day.

My resolutions/goals for the year are:
-Save more $$/different 2nd job
-Lose 25 pounds(approx) fit into my clothes better
-Read more

1/2 workout: 25 mins of elliptical/27 mins of weight lifting

52/1395
:welcome:
I will say that when I started participating in this back in August, it made a huge difference in how much I exercised. I never used to exercise on purpose, but now I do almost every day!

Sounds like you have some good, measurable goals this year!

I'm in for 400 minutes, and thanks so much @Elizabeth Smith for picking up hosting duties this month!!

My New Year's resolution isn't exercise related, but I have set a goal to get back into scrapbooking this year.

Congrats to sophy1996 for being the first to reach "Bring it On" Blue.

Our question of the day today: Are you going to do any travelling this year? If so, where?
Hubby and I are planning to go to London this summer for a church trip, but we'll see after we get details on the cost! :headache:

I'll be going to WDW April/May and sometime in the fall for Halloween!
-Also doing DLR for Fall Dapper Day
-Plan is to do Wine & Dine marathon to but we'll see how things workout lol as I'd also really love to do some other travelling and want to do Tokyo again in early 2019

Thanks for hosting, Elizabeth! I'm in for 1860. Off to a little bit of a slow start, but I'll make up for it later this month.

60/1860

Resolution for this year - clean out the attic

travel in 2018 - visiting family at the beach and WDW this month; hopefully a few quick hiking trips this year, too

I'm adding about 10 minutes from walking around the mall yesterday to begin my month. A slow start is better than nothing! 10/660

We'll start things off with a simple question: What are your New Year's Resolutions, if you made any? It doesn't have to be exercise related either.
My goals are to lose a little weight, read at least 8 books, improve my sewing abilities, and achieve more in my job (read as get more $$$).

New Years resolutions are to be more courageous, healthier, and set a good example for my daughter with diet choices. I also want to blog more, be more active, and get my new house feeling like a home.

Congrats to sophy1996 for being the first to reach "Bring it On" Blue.

Our question of the day today: Are you going to do any travelling this year? If so, where?
Hubby and I are planning to go to London this summer for a church trip, but we'll see after we get details on the cost! :headache:

Yes I am traveling :) I already have my daughter and me tickets to do to Washington, D.C. later this month to visit friends. I haven't been on an airplane in 20 years, so totally nervous. I also have never been to D.C. so out of my element. Those both fall under the be more courageous resolution. I am hoping to do one more trip, just no idea where. I want to travel with my daughter. I never have traveled, so it is a new experience for us both. So domestic at first, then in a couple of years when she is 10 I am hoping to go international LOL

Sorry I am a bit late to the challenge. I would like to shoot for 30 minutes/day = 930. I think if added up past 2 days I get at least 30 minutes. I will do better now. So I am at 30/930 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!