January 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Social Saturday! What's your plan?

Tidying up a bit, as DH is having a couple of the Lodge guys over to the fire pit tonight. I don't have to do much, as it's mostly an outside thing, but I'll make sure the main areas aren't a mess. DH is grilling steak tips and one of the guys is making potato salad, so all I have to produce for dinner is some roasted veggies 😃

Had high hopes for getting a lot done today...but a migraine ate my afternoon. Did manage to make DS11 his granola bars, I made myself some frozen yogurt bites and cleaned out the kitchen freezer.

DS11 wants to run our neighborhood 5k in June and asked if I would run with him. Wishers I do not run unless someone or something is in danger. But...I kind of am interested in trying but I am terrified of failure. Thoughts? Anyone start running later in life? Or done a couch to 5k with any success?

DS11 wants to run our neighborhood 5k in June and asked if I would run with him. Wishers I do not run unless someone or something is in danger. But...I kind of am interested in trying but I am terrified of failure. Thoughts? Anyone start running later in life? Or done a couch to 5k with any success?
That's a tough one. I am not a runner either, but when your 11-year-old actually volunteers to spend time with you, I think you gotta go for It!

Self care Sunday. What do you have planned?
Recovering from having company yesterday! :rotfl: While it was fun, it was also loud and out of routine, so my nervous system is kind of jiggling its way back to set point. I'll probably watch a lot of TV today, and try to spend some time outside.

Had high hopes for getting a lot done today...but a migraine ate my afternoon. Did manage to make DS11 his granola bars, I made myself some frozen yogurt bites and cleaned out the kitchen freezer.

I am not a runner but I played soccer through school, so I can do short stints at running. Over 2020 I did a 5k a month. They were all virtual and on my own time, but I actually really liked it. It takes me an hour to go 3.1 miles so I am slow and I walk some of it, well most of it, but I did it.

I am also with PollyannaMom that you should do it since your son asked. You may not get many more of those. You will be happy that you did and will cherish that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter