January 2018..... who will be there?

Boomer1

DIS Veteran
I have been faithfully reading the December trip reports and waiting patiently for someone to start a January thread so I can have an outlet for my building excitement. So here goes.... we will be at the Fort from January 7th to February 11, 2018. We are leaving the Great White North on January 3rd and driving to Florida arriving on January 5th. I have been unable to get a site 2 days early so I booked a room for 2 nights at the Art of Animation.
Fastpasses are made, beginning to assemble the supplies and counting down the days!
Any other Disers on board for January?

Thanks for starting this Boomer.

I will be down at the end of February. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be at the Fort. The AP discounts were really good for the winter and I added up the costs. I can stay 2days longer at a Value and pay less when I factor in travel.

Tell us what you have planned. I still have a couple of weeks before I can book FPs, but have reservations at Boma one night. DW said she wanted a good steak. We’ve done Narcoossee and Le Cellier and wanted to try something different.

j

Actually I lied above. I started to book Boma, but changed it to Yachtsman Steakhouse after looking at reviews.

We'll see.

j

We'll be a holdover from Dec Jan 1 to 21 hope for 1800 or 1600 loop ressie is for full hook up

Boomer1,

Nice to have you headed back so soon.

I'll be coming in with DW and DD on Wednesday Jan 3 and leaving on Saturday Jan 6. We'll be coming north from the Florida Keys. Then we'll be back arriving Saturday Jan 13 at Lake Louisa then over to the Fort the next day and leaving on Wednesday Jan 17 to go home - this trip is to drop DD at Disney and get her moved in where she will work in the College Program for 4 months. So I will miss you on the first visit but will overlap with you and Tom on the second.

First visit will be in a Preferred (just did the early check-in last night) and second visit will be in a Full and we requested loops 100 and 1600 respectively.

Have a safe drive down!

Bama Ed

We will also be staying in a Full. Haven’t made any dinner reservations yet.
I would love to attend the potluck on January 5th but expect we will get in too late.
Looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time and seeing others again.
It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas here but the rain took all the snow away today.

Just an update on our plans for January.

We've decided to cancel the Fort reservation around MLK weekend when we move DD into the DCP program. I'd like to keep it simple and focus on getting her moved in so I picked up a hotel room on the Disney Springs side. We will still get down on Saturday, do Sunday in MK, Monday is prep to move in and also meet the roommates, and Tuesday is move-in day. That means Wednesday is "coming home" day.

But hey, the hotel has a fridge and a microwave and serves a continental breakfast daily. It already feels weird talking about a WDW trip without having a Fort angle. :confused:

All that means is I gotta get all my Fort fix in the 3 nights/4 days I have on New Years week! party:

Bama Ed

Ed, sorry that you cancelled your Fort trip for a hotel stay. It definitely isn't the same, I mean microwave and fridge, and to top it off breakfast with no clean-up or cooking. I hope you have a wonderful stay anyway.

Are you at least going to take time to go over to the Fort? Would love to see how this TR works out, if you do one.

Ed, sorry that you cancelled your Fort trip for a hotel stay. It definitely isn't the same, I mean microwave and fridge, and to top it off breakfast with no clean-up or cooking. I hope you have a wonderful stay anyway.

Are you at least going to take time to go over to the Fort? Would love to see how this TR works out, if you do one.

We've decided to cancel the Fort reservation around MLK weekend when we move DD into the DCP program.
I completely understand. We cancelled our Fort resi at the end of February in place of All Start Sports. The AP discounts allow us to stay 2 days longer for less money. We've never stayed at a Value, so it will be a new experience. I suspect we will be back staying at the Fort once DW gets 9 days on a Full bed at Sports. I still plan on spending some time back at the Fort. I can't be that close without an afternoon of walking around and getting some TE food.

j

We've decided to cancel the Fort reservation around MLK weekend when we move DD into the DCP program. I'd like to keep it simple and focus on getting her moved in so I picked up a hotel room on the Disney Springs side. We will still get down on Saturday, do Sunday in MK, Monday is prep to move in and also meet the roommates, and Tuesday is move-in day. That means Wednesday is "coming home" day.

But hey, the hotel has a fridge and a microwave and serves a continental breakfast daily. It already feels weird talking about a WDW trip without having a Fort angle. :confused:

All that means is I gotta get all my Fort fix in the 3 nights/4 days I have on New Years week! party:

Bama Ed
Ed Beware the Dark Side, once you give in to it consume you it will. Take over and control your destiny.

We're nobodies around here but we're going to be at the Fort from January 20th to the 27th. First time in our new to us camper and we are really excited! I booked a preferred site but haven't made any requests. I can't figure out what to ask for.

KyGirl Welcome to the camping forum. Ask your questions away If we don't have a good answer someone will make one up that will, either sound good or make you laugh. First thing you should definitely ask about is the current acceptable tribute to the NSS consists of

We're nobodies around here.
You mean there are somebodies? :D

Na. That's the fun thing about the camping forum, everybody is pretty much the same. And a new (to you) camper? You are going to have so much fun!

As for picking a Preferred loop, the good news is, there are only 3. 100 Loop is closest to the Settlement. From some sites, you can throw a squirrel and hit the trading post. The 200 loop feels much like an extension of 100, just a little further from the Settlement. 300 feels the most remote, but closest to the dog park. The sites at the back are quieter.

Personally the 100 loop is my favorite.

j

Morning all.. Me and The DW will be checking in on the 15th and leaving on the 21st. We have had to cancel the last two. I hope this one can go off without a hitch. We cant wait to Loop and chill at the Fort.....

24 days and a wake up till the Fort......

DD and I will be staying in a cabin Jan 8-12. We are long-time WDW addicts but have never even been to Ft Wilderness (except Hoop de Doo once in early 90s for me and once for my daughter on a senior school class trip). I have booked a cabin so that we can take our dogs with us:yay: - recently found out about the dog trial run and I thought a cabin would be much better than a hotel room.
Having read a bit around this forum I am *thrilled* to be finally getting to experience "The Fort".
We will be driving down from S.C. princess:princess::dogdance::dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!