Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

So excited I found this thread. DD and I are traveling to WDW 2/25/18 - 3/3/18 to celebrate bother our birthdays that week Will be our first time staying the AKL, but we have been there for dinner on resent trips so know we are in for a treat!

So excited Tuesday I will be spending my 1st day at AKL! Can't wait it's only one night but I plan on enjoying it while I'm there I have Boma scheduled twice Dinner and Breakfast can't wait to try both. It's been 29 since my last Disney Visit feels a lot longer.

....many people want partial savanna view, but most of those standard view rooms would involve more walking too & from the pool/restaurants than the rooms on Giraffe trail. Giraffe trail also has a door which allows a shortcut to your room from the bus stop, btw.
ITA!!

My online check in begins next week. This thread is long and couldnt read the entire thing. Quick question: Disney used to have a room category called Arusha Savanna view. It is listed in many blogs as a bookable view but that option is no longer available. So when booking a savanna view room when you do online check in, is Arusha Savanna listed as a preference? I know the standard view rooms let you request Kudu trail and partial savanna room but I would like to request Arusha/Zebra trail.

My online check in begins next week. This thread is long and couldnt read the entire thing. Quick question: Disney used to have a room category called Arusha Savanna view. It is listed in many blogs as a bookable view but that option is no longer available. So when booking a savanna view room when you do online check in, is Arusha Savanna listed as a preference? I know the standard view rooms let you request Kudu trail and partial savanna room but I would like to request Arusha/Zebra trail.
Most recently the online check in options have been very generic & Arusha has not been an option. Best to call and have your request noted.

So excited Tuesday I will be spending my 1st day at AKL! Can't wait it's only one night but I plan on enjoying it while I'm there I have Boma scheduled twice Dinner and Breakfast can't wait to try both. It's been 29 since my last Disney Visit feels a lot longer.

Have a great time and enjoy Boma! My 2nd favorite restaurant on property, after Jiko :)

So excited for our first stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Epcot Food and Wine. We are staying in a Savannah room. Is there a particular area that we should try to request for the best animal views? Thanks!

In room! I didn't think it would be ready so quickly but I'm glad so can relax until I head to Morimotos. I have a great view of the Savanna a Giraffe just walked but I didn't have my phone handy :( Hopefully I will get some photos before I leave tomorrow. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter