Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

mara.jpg
Thank you, dear friends.
I'll surely miss my wonderful students, they are writing such sweet messages to me ... now that HT has told families about my retirement.
BUT I WILL NOT miss :headache: the looong meetings and the afternoons/evenings spent marking essays or preparing reports ....:scared:

We will be at AKL for the first time November 25- December 1 booked standard room
Enjoying this thread

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Fosterlovesmickey, 4th - 11th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 11th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

March

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

Sparkyco, 17th - 25th, AKL CL

April

Katiedid36, 1st - 8th, AKL

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - July 6th, Jambo House

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September

October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

Looking for help in a standard room selection. We'd like to be closer to the pool and restaurants.
TIA

Anyone at AKL today who can give an update on how the resort is handling Irma? Is the pool open? Any care kits for guests? Good luck!

We just returned from 10 days in WDW and Ubered all week. It was wonderful! Especially to/from the waterparks. If you Uber to/from Disney Springs, the location is behind LaNouba theatre. Each ride was never more than $10. On average $7. The Minnie Van is $20 flat rate.
Thanks!!

Staying in a standard view suite in Kidani, and recommendation I should make for room location?

Looking for help in a standard room selection. We'd like to be closer to the pool and restaurants.
TIA

....I suggest requesting Giraffe Trail.
Agree, Giraffe trail runs along the front of the resort & is extremely convenient to both the pool and Jambo restaurants. What you risk, tho', is a view out the front of the resort over the road and towards the parking lot which half of Giraffe trail's rooms face, the other half face the pool. I think the foliage has grown enough that the views aren't horrid, but don't know for sure as I haven't stayed on Giraffe trail :)
Many people want partial savanna view, but most of those standard view rooms would involve more walking too & from the pool/restaurants than the rooms on Giraffe trail. Giraffe trail also has a door which allows a shortcut to your room from the bus stop, btw.

We are so excited to have scored a room here in November! This will be our first trip to Disney with our son, who is 4. I was wondering about King rooms... we would love to have a king bed room with a sofa bed for our son to sleep on. What is the best way to request one, How easy are they to get, and are all of them wheelchair accessible rooms? We need to have a bathtub for our son, not just a shower. So we would rather have a 2 queen room with a bathtub than a King room with a shower, but we are really hoping for a king room with a bath tub. Thanks!!! :) (we have a standard room booked. All that's available unfortunately).

I have tentatively booked AKL for December 2018. We are too far out to know for sure if we'll be able to visit then, but hoping my DH's work calendar and my kids school calendars cooperate :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter