Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I have been here at AKL since January 3rd and have not waited more than 8 minutes for any of the buses. I don't know the exact travel times to the parks, as I don't time it, and am usually busy talking to DH about our plans anyway. The bus only stops at Jambo and Kidani (not always both either) and then go straight to the parks, so if you have to stop at a second resort it would take a little longer than the google maps estimate. We have stayed here every year (at least) for the past 10 years or so and have always had good bus service, you will occasionally have a longer wait, but that can happen anywhere. We don't rent a car when we stay here, but will occasionally take Uber, especially on return trips from dinner if we dine at another resort. That said, I don't mind the bus transportation, but others really do, so it really depends on those you are traveling with and whether they are bus people or not.
Do you rope drop? If so, how early do you leave to make rope drop at MK?

Booked for our first stay at AKL as part of a triple split! We will be in a standard studio at AKV Jambo 7/30-8/2 after spending six nights at BCV and a couple at one other resort prior to that (waiting for discounts to pick which one). So excited to get to try out AKL! Our trip will be long enough for us to have a resort day and we’re planning to do that at AKL.

Booked for our first stay at AKL as part of a triple split! We will be in a standard studio at AKV Jambo 7/30-8/2 after spending six nights at BCV and a couple at one other resort prior to that (waiting for discounts to pick which one). So excited to get to try out AKL! Our trip will be long enough for us to have a resort day and we’re planning to do that at AKL.
We just got back a month ago from a two week triple split AKL, WL, YC on the resort side. It was fabulous not having to deal with long bus rides to the parks. I love sitting on the patio watching the animals with a glass of wine in hand. Doesn't get much better than that!

Kimmar067 do you remember the room# you were in?
....sorry that I am just responding now - I haven't been on the DIS in quite a while....I believe it was room #345*...I never wrote a TR for this particular visit to WDW [darned if I know why....] so I cannot remember the exact room number. It was off Zebra Trail and it overlooked the pool bar...

Last edited:
We just got back from Kidani and it was amazing. We had a beautiful savannah view studio. One of the giraffe feeders was right outside our window. Our kids loved all the activities and earning their beads. This morning my 6 year old couldn't wait to go to school to tell all her friends about it.

We're planning the Poly for next year's trip due to proximity to MK but I'm talking my friend into doing a split stay so we can go back to AKL.

I know others have commented on the walk between Kidani and Jambo to be long and I wanted to say that we didn't find that at all. The pool at Kidani was closed during our stay and we did the walk quite a few times and it was fine. Others' mileage may vary of course.

We just got back from Kidani and it was amazing. We had a beautiful savannah view studio. One of the giraffe feeders was right outside our window. Our kids loved all the activities and earning their beads. This morning my 6 year old couldn't wait to go to school to tell all her friends about it.

We're planning the Poly for next year's trip due to proximity to MK but I'm talking my friend into doing a split stay so we can go back to AKL.

I know others have commented on the walk between Kidani and Jambo to be long and I wanted to say that we didn't find that at all. The pool at Kidani was closed during our stay and we did the walk quite a few times and it was fine. Others' mileage may vary of course.
love AKL seems kidani has a much better view of the animals

Which floor were you on to have a feeder outside the room?

I'm debating between a studio villa at Jambo house or a regular room.

It will be my husband, daughter (1) and I. I know they can't gaurantee a king room with regular rooms (i requested it) and if we get two queens it will be very tight with a crib and husband's ecv. So while the villa is just a queen, I think it should have more room. But it's $248 more so I don't know if it's worth it or not.

Thanks!

We are going in March and staying in Kidani - any suggestions on what floor and/or rooms to request for maximum animal viewing? First time staying here, last time we stayed at Art of Animation. Thank you!

What are the best bunk bed savannah view room#s for best animal views but still close to the lobby, pool and restaurants? Also, we will be going with our 2 year old. Are the bunk bed rooms still have good amount of room for a pack n play?

April

Lovethesun12, Mar 30th - 8th, Kidani

Wdw4rfam, 8th - 13th, AKL

Mernin, 8th -15th, AKL

L_MD, 13th - 16th, AKL

CeruleanMoon, 21st - 28th, Jambo

NightAngelX, 22nd - 28th, AKL

MissNurse, 25th - May 1st, AKL
Hey Brandi...Was wondering if you can add me to the list....It isn't AKV/L on this trip, but hoping for a return in the fall.
We're staying 7/27-7/31 CCV & 7/31-8/4 PVB Thank you.

We are going in March and staying in Kidani - any suggestions on what floor and/or rooms to request for maximum animal viewing? First time staying here, last time we stayed at Art of Animation. Thank you!
Is anyone else going the week of 3/26? Since this is our first time staying here, would love some pointers and meet others!

Who can share any information about laundry? We are traveling for 7 days and we like to stick to carryon only so I’m thinking I’d like to do a load or 2 of laundry

Who can share any information about laundry? We are traveling for 7 days and we like to stick to carryon only so I’m thinking I’d like to do a load or 2 of laundry
What do you need to know?

Depending on which building you're staying at, they're in different locations.
If at Kidani and in a studio, then you'll have a laundry room, on the main level, just around the bend from the lobby, and across from Community Hall. 1 BR & 2 BR have it in the villas.

If in a studio villa at Jambo, then up on the 5th floor there is one for dvc just off the main atrium at the beginning of Zebra trail. Once again, if in a 1 br or 2 or grand villa then , they're in the villa itself.

If staying at Jambo in a reg. room (non Villa) then on the ground level near Simba's clubhouse, past the arcade is another one..
This is one spot where you can see what is occupied & what is available...http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/
They are usually pretty available..most early mornings, and midday. I'd say they start getting busier, right before dinner and later at night...Just from what I've encountered. :confused3Hope this helps.. Any other questions feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter