• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's vacation time, ? please about RPR--UPDATE

D

debbie655

Wow, I've been away from these boards until now-- now that it's time to plan another vacation to Orlando. I just called 1-800-BEASTAR and was shocked by the rates at the RPR this August. I was quoted $219 for some nights and $189 for the rest. Quite a difference from what I paid last year and year before ($129/$119). I was told there are no Entertainment rates available for my dates, Aug 13-20? I have read here where some have received Entertainment rates of $119 during the month of August and I was just wondering which weeks? This is so disappointing to me as I need two rooms and rates of $219 per room is just not affordable to me right now. Thanks!

I've updated this post in case it can help someone else. We were flexible in our vacation period and I was able to get two rooms at The Royal Pacific Resort at the Entertainment rate of $119 for Aug 22-26. My family is so happy because we just love this hotel so much. Anyway, thanks to those who responded to my post.

I called for different weeks in August and recieved very high rates, near $200/night. I got $119/night for the last week of August with the card. Luckily, my plans allowed me to be flexible to get this.

Thank you Prince Eric1, I may just have to change the dates on my vacation as well. I desperately want to stay at RPR, we just love that resort and have stayed there every summer since it opened. Are you worried about the weather last week of August? That would be my only concern, hurricane season. Otherwise we are flexible with our dates as well. Thanks!

I have never been to Florida in the summer, in January only on the other four times. I can't get to upset or worry, just gonna have a great time.

I had the same problems with rates. We have to go during the first week of August and I originally wanted HRH. I could not find a decent rate there so I decided to try RPR. I did manage to get RPR at $168 Entertainment rate and close to the same using AAA. This is still kind of high though so I had to reduce our length of stay.

It looks like Universal is going to be busy!

Wow :eek: I must have gotten lucky. I booked RPR for 8/17 and 8/18 for $119 per night (ENT rate) about 3 weeks ago. Im glad i started planning this far in advance

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter