It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

Hi all,

I can't believe that in less than two weeks we will be in WDW!!! It is just starting to hit me how much stuff there still is to go to get ready for the trip...and just life in general between now and then.

Last night was dreadful in real world drama as my asshat ex husband insisted on bringing his new girlfriend to DD's camp play. It has been exactly one year since he left us and while I get that eventually I have to accept things as they are, I feel like it was too soon to subject us all to her being part of life events like that. It was a small play in a small auditorium that just was not enough space for us and her...ugh. I just have to get through one more lawyer meeting next week and then we'll have a nice long weekend at my parents cottage...some last minute packing...and then....we will be off!!

Anyway, that drama made me really excited about being at WDW soon and totally living in that wonderful bubble for a while. Of course real life is always still there when you get back...but...it will be an amazing escape and when I'm there dying in the heat...I will have to remind myself to savour it anyway because it will be over all too quickly!!

I just had the same realization yesterday about how soon the trip is coming up and how much there is left to do! I suddenly got a little extra overwhelmed...but I know it'll all get done, as is always the case...and then ready or not we'll be there! So excited for you and me both!

Sorry to hear about your family drama. When my mom and my stepdad (who'd been my "dad" since I was four) divorced, I found it hard not to shoot daggers at his new girlfriend...and actually I still do to be honest. It was a messy situation, as I'm sure you understand, and I never really got to the point where I was cool with it. But I'm sure it'll get less brutal over time. And thank goodness you're about to go on vacation and you and DD get both get a much-needed break and have some fun!!

and then ready or not we'll be there! So excited for you and me both!

You bet!! Ready or not is right lol! But somehow it will all get done (or the important things anyway) and we'll get there!!

It was a messy situation, as I'm sure you understand, and I never really got to the point where I was cool with it.

Ugh, that's hard. I do hope that my DD won't be in that situation with the girlfriend even though I can't stand her myself. But such is life. Thanks for the words of support though...and DISNEY BUBBLE TIME SOOOON!!

Ugh, that's hard. I do hope that my DD won't be in that situation with the girlfriend even though I can't stand her myself. But such is life. Thanks for the words of support though...and DISNEY BUBBLE TIME SOOOON!!

Crossing my fingers for your DD! Kids are resilient! I was already 17 and incurably jaded by the time my parents split! :rotfl:

Counting down the days!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Oh no-sorry about the drama - but try to think of your happy place and how fun it will be to be able to walk to the MK!
And yeah- I think we are gonna melt. It is gonna be HOT.
I have managed to leave my FP and ADR's alone ---until last day or so and now have tweaked a couple. Must. stop.
But I did get the Mission Space FP for the 13th-my son has done the orange before but with the new green side I think he'd really enjoy that.
Have to get serious about packing this weekend-hair appointment on Tuesday (cover those greys LOL), Bday dinner for bonus kid and DH Tuesday night (only night we all 6 of us have off). Remember when the count down days were in triple digits??

I was already 17 and incurably jaded by the time my parents split! :rotfl:

Let's hope my DD will be ok with it happening when she is 11...we shall see...

Oh no-sorry about the drama - but try to think of your happy place and how fun it will be to be able to walk to the MK!
And yeah- I think we are gonna melt. It is gonna be HOT.
I have managed to leave my FP and ADR's alone ---until last day or so and now have tweaked a couple. Must. stop.
But I did get the Mission Space FP for the 13th-my son has done the orange before but with the new green side I think he'd really enjoy that.
Have to get serious about packing this weekend-hair appointment on Tuesday (cover those greys LOL), Bday dinner for bonus kid and DH Tuesday night (only night we all 6 of us have off). Remember when the count down days were in triple digits??

Yup gonna be crazy hot. Right now I'm thinking I don't mind so much because our summer here in Toronto has not been that great so I would like a bit of sun..but not that much lol.

Trying to resist the urge to do any more tinkering with plans...my biggest problem is wanting to add more ADR's...I don't have many lunches planned for park days and I'm wondering if we would want a nice air conditioned break...if we can get it now...I may consider that...

I know...I can't believe we are so close now...I would love to get a haircut too...not sure if it will happen!!

Friday August 11th - EMH at MK and MK morning until lunchtime,
We're doing MK EMH on the 11th also! Just haven't gotten that far in my PTR lol. We'll be there at least until late morning if not a bit later

then DHS around 4pm, dinner at 50's Prime Time at 6:55pm
And, I plan on going to HS to watch Fantasmic at night, how late do you plan on staying? We have to try to meet! Probably meeting in MK is better :) I'm going to PM you.

Let's hope my DD will be ok with it happening when she is 11...we shall see...
Ugh, sucks about her dad bringing the new gf. I was 25 when my parents got divorced and it was tough, I think because I understood EVERYTHING and had a quarter of a century of them being together. However my stepsons were 8 and 3 when their parents separated; the younger one handled it fine while the older one had some trouble but nothing major. Their mom made it a bit...............difficult. I knew DH since we worked together but we weren't together so nobody else involved, just a marriage dissolving. I do hope DD and your DS don't have a difficult time :hug:

Hi Kathy! Can't believe it's only 2 weeks! I house is a mess, I don't even know where anything is all the tine...I'm trying to pack but it's anarchy, LOL.

Sorry to hear about your ex hubby how awkward - I hate those situations. - but you are going to your happy place, and so you can put all that aside and have the BEST TIME EVER with your DD!!!

I think we overlap at DAK on the 12th? I currently have ROL Tiffins for lunch at 1:15 and a dinner at Tiffins at 5:55 (with a safari FP 7-8 hoping to catch sunset). Undecided which one to keep-as with a 2nd RoL that day not sure the package is worth it (hello AP discount at dinner:))
And hoping to catch @KathyM2 at Soarin on our epcot day!

Yup it looks like we will! PM me your info! and I'll let you know as soon as we get to AK on the 12th.

We're doing MK EMH on the 11th also! Just haven't gotten that far in my PTR lol. We'll be there at least until late morning if not a bit later

Yay!! EMH at MK would be awesome to meet and hang out a bit!! I think that would work better than DHS at night...we can probably do a quick "hello" then too, but we are lightweights and probably won't stay out that late!! I PM'd you my info :))

I do hope DD and your DS don't have a difficult time :hug:

Thanks...yeah I (knocking on wood) think my DD is handling it all pretty well. My DS I'm a bit more worried about because he actually mostly lives with the ex and the new GF...ugh.

Hi Kathy! Can't believe it's only 2 weeks! I house is a mess, I don't even know where anything is all the tine...I'm trying to pack but it's anarchy, LOL.

I know!!! I am having a hard time because I want to start packing, but we are also going to my parents' cottage for the weekend from the 4th-7th so we will be getting back from that and I will have to do laundry and repack...ugh...

Speaking of laundry...do you guys ever DO laundry at Disney?? I have never stayed long enough to require it lol..but this time...10 days worth of clothes is a lot...especially since it will be so hot...everything will get so sweaty and possibly wet too with rain...so...not sure if I should try to cram enough clothes for 2 weeks without laundry...or just plan to do it? I do wear a lot of dry-fit lol...so maybe a few dry fit shirts that I can wash in the hotel sink?

Thoughts?

Speaking of laundry...do you guys ever DO laundry at Disney?? I have never stayed long enough to require it lol..but this time...10 days worth of clothes is a lot...especially since it will be so hot...everything will get so sweaty and possibly wet too with rain...so...not sure if I should try to cram enough clothes for 2 weeks without laundry...or just plan to do it? I do wear a lot of dry-fit lol...so maybe a few dry fit shirts that I can wash in the hotel sink?

Thoughts?

Being nosy and commenting on other people's posts!

I know @xlsm does laundry at Disney on her trips, so maybe she can comment on this??

On our last trip we took sink packets to do laundry in the sink, but then our timeshare had wash machines with soap provided so we just used that. I'm sure hand washing would have worked though because our dri-fit shirts dried completely hanging up in the shower over night.

OK you guys. I seriously need help with posting photos. I just don't get why Photobucket isn't working. I have tried every which way.

Is there another way to get photos on here? I would love to be able to post photos from my upcoming trip more easily...but I don't have the patience if it's really going to be time consuming!!

Suggestions?

Forget about Photobucket. They have started a new policy where the only way that you can do "third party sharing" ie. posting pictures on the DIS, is if you give them $399 per year. All free accounts have been suspended and all paid accounts will remain active until the time that their renewal is up.

There is a limit of 35 images per post on the DIS. The DIS does offer photo hosting, but only up to 50MB (which for me would barely cover one TR). I came up with a solution but it's one that only I can use as I am hosting the pictures on our website that we use for our business. Someone did recommend one to me and if I remember what it is, I'll get back to you.

Last night was dreadful in real world drama as my asshat ex husband insisted on bringing his new girlfriend to DD's camp play. It has been exactly one year since he left us and while I get that eventually I have to accept things as they are, I feel like it was too soon to subject us all to her being part of life events like that.

You said it all in the first few words. AssHat ex husband. Why would you expect him to behave like anything other than that. Just be glad that she has to deal with him now, and as you said, one more lawyer visit and hopefully he can be practically out of your life.

Yay! to the trip coming up so soon!

On our last trip we took sink packets to do laundry in the sink, but then our timeshare had wash machines with soap provided so we just used that. I'm sure hand washing would have worked though because our dri-fit shirts dried completely hanging up in the shower over night.

Yeah I think this is probably what I will end up doing, just washing a few shirts in the sink and letting them dry in the room. I do wear a lot of athletic fabrics so hopefully that will make it easier. I remember last summer travelling and trying to dry a cotton shirt, and it was humid so it ended up taking like 4 days to dry lol...better do that washing after the first few days lol

Forget about Photobucket.

Best advice I think lol I'm done with that. Now I've figured out how to just upload thumbnails so for now I think that will work my purposes!!

Yay! to the trip coming up so soon!

You said it!! Can't wait!!

thanks for tagging me @MeghanEmily because now I can see how very, very far behind I am on this PTR, yikes!!

I (or DH) always end up doing laundry about halfway through our Disney trips. I pack a small thing of Tide pods, some mesh laundry bags, and a collapsible hamper. Super cheap at walmart, less than $2 each. Most of the laundry rooms now use an app that lets you track your load via your phone so you don't have to sit with it. Everything is payable by card on a wall mounted machine in the laundry room - you pick your machines on it and everything. Depending on how much you're washing, the washing machines fit a lot, but sometimes it helps to split the clothes between two dryers. When it was just me in May, I was fine with one.

I (or DH) always end up doing laundry about halfway through our Disney trips. I pack a small thing of Tide pods, some mesh laundry bags, and a collapsible hamper. Super cheap at walmart, less than $2 each. Most of the laundry rooms now use an app that lets you track your load via your phone so you don't have to sit with it. Everything is payable by card on a wall mounted machine in the laundry room - you pick your machines on it and everything. Depending on how much you're washing, the washing machines fit a lot, but sometimes it helps to split the clothes between two dryers. When it was just me in May, I was fine with one.

Thanks for the info!! I already have most of these things! Re: the mesh laundry bags - do you put your stuff in there and then put THAT right in the washer? Sorry laundry ignorant here lol! I used those mesh bags for my son when he went to camp but thought they were just for collecting the laundry lol!

I think it is probably worth just planning for like 5-6 days worth of clothes with the plan of doing laundry once in the middle of the trip..then we won't have to bring so much...AND we can have some room for souveniers lol!!

Speaking of souveniers...last time we were at WDW I bought a HM themed couch cushion that I love, only the tassles fell off it. I was hoping to get one or two more but they take up a LOT of luggage space lol...maybe this is a way I can have room lol

Just saw on another trip report that portable personal battery operated fans with misters

Funny you should mention that :)) I just ordered this from online - to hopefully arrive at the CR before we do...
fan.jpg

A friend recommended these because they are so small but hopefully powerful!

I may end up trying to make this a semi-live TR...
How fun would that be?! ::yes:: But don't sweat it if you don't end up doing this. We'll be patient and wait for your report once you're back :thumbsup2

I can't believe that in less than two weeks we will be in WDW!!!
I know!!! I feel like there are so many of us in the "August club" and our trips are starting so soon. :hyper: But I have SO much to do still!!! :scared1:

Anyway, that drama made me really excited about being at WDW soon and totally living in that wonderful bubble for a while.
I'm so sorry to hear about the drama. But you're right, it'll be so nice to get away and into the Disney bubble for a while. Though real life will be waiting upon your return, it'll help that you'll be refreshed and have had some time away from it. :hug: And then you can relive your trip with us here! ::yes::

Hi Kathy! I've just read through this whole report :) Have you told your daughter yet about the trip?? So exciting, I'm very happy for you guys!!

How fun would that be?! ::yes:: But don't sweat it if you don't end up doing this. We'll be patient and wait for your report once you're back :thumbsup2

I will see how busy our nights are and how much resting I do on our "rest" breaks lol. I do like to make it semi live though because I hate talking notes and I don't want to forget anything lol

I know!!! I feel like there are so many of us in the "August club" and our trips are starting so soon. :hyper: But I have SO much to do still!!! :scared1:

I feel your pain...I have one more day at work tomorrow and packing and all kinds of stuff tomorrow night...ugh...and a super early morning on departure day!!

Hi Kathy! I've just read through this whole report :) Have you told your daughter yet about the trip?? So exciting, I'm very happy for you guys!!

Hey thanks for joining in!! Yes, my DD now knows about our trip...the cool thing is, I have told her that we are going, but have been purposely very vague about how long we are staying. She thinks we are also going down to my parents' place in South Florida...after a few days at Disney I will reveal that we are actually staying longer at WDW than she thought :) So this way, she got to get excited and tell me some of the things she wants to do so I could plan...but I still get to surprise her a bit :) and also be vague so that my ex doesn't really know what we are doing...because unfortunately she tells him everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter