It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

I'm generally pretty vocal about the fact that I hate the PeopleMover (I know, I'm the only one...), but I will admit that it gives you some really nice views of Tomorrowland!
I'm still trying to figure out the TRON coaster. I've seen the renderings and theoretically I know where it goes (kinda) and how things will look, but I'm having a hard time picturing it in my brain. Either way ... I am excited that they're bringing something new and futuristic to Tomorrowland.

Of course you did Country Bear Jamboree. I don't think I know anyone else who likes that show as much as you do. (I've still never done it ... I probably should eventually, but I just have no interest right now.)
You hate the peoplemover?!?!?!?! I can understand not having it as a must do but hate is pretty strong. Lol.

Tomorrowland is going to be way different by 2021.

CBJ is one of those classic things that has those underlying jokes and such. It's pure Disney in every way.

You hate the peoplemover?!?!?!?! I can understand not having it as a must do but hate is pretty strong. Lol.

The turns kill my back. Which is very weird, because I have no problem with Space Mountain. But last time I rode the peoplemover, my back hurt so much that I decided I hated it. That and It's Tough to Be a Bug (which pokes you in the back) are the only two things that I absolutely hate at the parks.

The turns kill my back. Which is very weird, because I have no problem with Space Mountain. But last time I rode the peoplemover, my back hurt so much that I decided I hated it. That and It's Tough to Be a Bug (which pokes you in the back) are the only two things that I absolutely hate at the parks.

I also HATE that poke in the back at It's Tough to Be a Bug. I also lean forward at that part so it doesn't get me.

Interesting... The back poke is definitely understandable.

I think I've only seen Country Bear Jamboree once and that was YEARS ago. I may just have to go see it again in January in your honor. :D

It's one of my favorite things!

I could ride this thing all day long!

I could ride the Peoplemover all day too! I was so happy to hear that it wasn't getting cut out with the new construction.

It was really nice for what it is. With the heat I couldn't believe how those costume characters survive.

I always think the same thing! I would feel the need to take a shower after each performance.

it was just about time for Great Moments in History with the Muppets

You're pictures of this are great! I have caught the tail end of it twice but still haven't been able to see it in its entirety. What I have seen seems great.

I could ride the Peoplemover all day too! I was so happy to hear that it wasn't getting cut out with the new construction.

I always think the same thing! I would feel the need to take a shower after each performance.

You're pictures of this are great! I have caught the tail end of it twice but still haven't been able to see it in its entirety. What I have seen seems great.
I think people would riot if they removed the peoplemover.

Those performers are the real deal. No way would I be able to do that in the heat.

I suggest checking the full show out it's really fun!

Me too love the People Mover!
I've never seen Showbot before that's really cool.
DD and I love SM but it does go down a lot.

Tomorrowland is going to be way different by 2021.

CBJ is one of those classic things that has those underlying jokes and such. It's pure Disney in every way.

Love Peoplemover, too!!! Did they finally get the moving escalator thing working? In April / early May, it was still not moving. That thing is really steep! Otherwise, I could ride PM all day, too :)

Same, with CBJ, it is definitely a Disney Classic. Love it! And, wish they would bring back the holiday overlay!

Love Peoplemover, too!!! Did they finally get the moving escalator thing working? In April / early May, it was still not moving. That thing is really steep! Otherwise, I could ride PM all day, too :)

Same, with CBJ, it is definitely a Disney Classic. Love it! And, wish they would bring back the holiday overlay!
The moving ramp was working when I was there but it's spotty.

I never got to see the holiday overlay.

One of the best news from D23 I think is that the people mover is definitely staying! I just like the idea of being able to relax and see that area of the park (and a different view of some things) - similar to riding the train or the river boat

Glad to hear Space Mountain did come back up though.

I like the new castle show well enough but found Dream Along with Mickey to be a bit more emotional (but might just be the personal connection / memories of watching with my family)

One of the best news from D23 I think is that the people mover is definitely staying! I just like the idea of being able to relax and see that area of the park (and a different view of some things) - similar to riding the train or the river boat

Glad to hear Space Mountain did come back up though.

I like the new castle show well enough but found Dream Along with Mickey to be a bit more emotional (but might just be the personal connection / memories of watching with my family)
Believe it or not I have never done the riverboat. I might have when I was very young in my trips pre-4 years old but I don't remember ever riding it.

I have never been attached to the castle shows. We have always been doing something rather than watching them.

I am going to read this, but just wanted to give a shout out to you, since I am from Wisconsin too. What team plays in Green Bay? (just kidding) so not a Packer Fan.

I am going to read this, but just wanted to give a shout out to you, since I am from Wisconsin too. What team plays in Green Bay? (just kidding) so not a Packer Fan.
I didn't know you were from WI too! Hopefully you aren't a bears fan ;)

It really is a Festival of F(Sweat)antasy!

After my busy day so far I decided to take a seat and wait for the parade. I picked a spot on Main Street next to a garbage can which offered a little shade but not much. It was really hot at this point. While waiting I was looking at the Main Street Windows and found familiar names.

Former WDW President Meg Crofton...

The incredible Jack Lindquist

Card Walker

I don't know Dave or Bill but Bob Gurr and George McGinnis were incredible imagineers...

Soon enough it was time for the parade! I was really starting to sweat at this point too...

I love this parade, it is probably my favorite daytime parade. I don't know how these performers do this in the heat.

This lost boy looks a little warm...

Continued in the next post...

I absolutely LOVE the Festival of Fantasy Parade! I listen to it over and over and am always in awe of how seamless the music transitions! The performers are also great! You got some amazing pictures! I feel like I am in MK watching right now. "Away we go..."

LOVE the parade!

IMG_6865_1.jpg

They may be hot but at least Smee gets a crop top! Lol!

This is a GREAT picture of Minnie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter