It's A Fiesta....In Your Face...And Everyone's Invited!! May 2017 WDW TR!

Hey everyone! I was bored and decided to put out some updates.
Also I'm releasing the names of all the kids who went on this trip because it's generally annoying and kinda confusing to type "my brother", "my older cousin", etcetera.
My sister's name is Emma. My brother's name is Carson. My cousin's names are Emily (older cousin) and Joey (younger cousin). Got it?
DSC01843.JPG
Yay! We rode Splash a TON this trip. It was crazy.
While walking through Frontierland I kept going "HOWDY!" really loud because I'm annoying.
We walked up to Big Thunder and looked for my cousins who were close by. I think they were parking their stroller. And then all of a sudden I heard screaming and Joey RAN UP TO ME and jumped into my arms. I was so excited to see them!! I hadn't seen them in a while and then Emily ran over and we screamed and hugged. Everyone was so excited! We talked about what we had already done and how their flight was. I remember Emily saying it was bad because her ears hurt. We then used our Big Thunder Fastpasses and went through the queue not waiting long at all. The ride was awesome. I rode with Emily and I had my hands up and just loved the ride. Even though it's better at night. Also it had been refurbished since we were last in Disney and I remembered just before we got on and freaked out. The changes to the ride are awesome!
DSC01850.JPG
I took this after we got off the ride and me my aunt, Carson, Emma and the two cousins were waiting for the rest of the family. I think they were on a different train or way behind us? I'm not exactly sure. Also my aunt took an adorable picture of the five of us that I love but am not going to post. We found the rest of the family and headed towards Pirates.
DSC01852.JPG
Yay! I definitely spent a lot of time in Adventureland this trip. Frontierland too. And the purple dot at the top of that picture is gross and this is why I need a better camera.
We walked into the Pirates queue and I freaked out over the smell. IT SMELLED AMAZING. Emily and I then had a very long discussion about how she thought the smell was gross but I loved it. We got on really quickly and rode. The whole family enjoyed the ride.
DSC01860.JPG
I love this dog. But not this picture because it's honestly awful.
We exited and peeked in the gift shop a little. I took a cute picture of some of my family and we walked over to a different area of Adventureland.
THE MAGIC CARPETS!
But first we got distracted by the tiki statue things that spray water. It was hot and me, Emma and Emily ran around here for at least five minutes and it was so much fun. I got pretty wet even though I just tried to stay in the mist. It was epic.
And then we actually went over to the magic carpets.
I love this ride because I'm five, the colors are pretty and I love getting sprayed by the camel.
We got in line. My aunt, me, Carson, Joey, Emma and Emily.
THE WAIT TOOK FOREVER. It was probably listed at like 15-20 minutes but we waited about a half an hour.
A ton of stuff went on during the wait though. My aunt and Joey left because Joey was whining. I think he was hungry or hot or thirsty or all of the above. My brother got really upset for some reason and DID NOT want to wait but he stayed with us. We Facetimed my very very best friend in the line (you should hopefully see her in a future Disney trip report!) and she was home because our school had a half day. She was eating applesauce and I filled her in on everything that happened and introduced her to my cousins. I hung up after a little bit and we continued to wait. I could kinda see Aladdin and Jasmine meeting and it was amazing. Also I can remember there was a cute little girl dressed as a princess a little ahead of us in the queue and I freaked but I can't remember which princess.
My uncle came up at some point with popcorn and we all basically dove for it and ate it so quickly and I dropped a bunch. Oops.
Also it was really hot and we heard the "WELCOME TO ALADDIN'S FLYING CARPETS! TO MOVE YOUR CARPET UP AND DOWN..." spiel a bunch and I just wanted to ACTUALLY RIDE THE CARPET.
DSC01864.JPG
Sometime during all this I took this picture.
Ok so we did end up on the ride and I took cute video of my family. In part of it the camel sprayed us and Emily and I (who were in the front with Emma and Carson in the back) just SCREAMED and we were so happy and that video is my favorite thing ever.
Then we ended that whole ordeal and met my mom and aunt outside of the ride. The rest of the family was at Mine Train and we were headed there too. But first we looked in one of the little Adventureland stores and they had some really cute stuff. I looked at ears and kept saying how I wanted a pair and my aunt was like "You should totally get some!" There was some really cute Stitch stuff. Also they had Moana stuff and I flipped because Moana is my life and I'd never seen Moana stuff in the parks before.
Some photos from the walk to Mine Train:
DSC01868.JPG

DSC01869.JPG
The sky looked pretty.
Also my cousins got a turkey leg and I laughed because they were both trying to devour it and it was huge. I have HILARIOUS pictures of them eating this. I'm laughing now.
Also my grandparents were waiting by Mine Train and we all sprinted up and gave hugs and hellos. I was so excited to see them even though I had seen them like two weeks before this.
We used our Fastpasses and went through the queue fairly quickly. My sister and grandma got the front row and directly behind them I sat with my grandpa. The ride was super fun and I took video.(I promise I took more ride photos and photos in general!!) Also this kid was waving to us from Fantasyland and I loved him.
And everyone in our car sang Heigh Ho (myself included) and I loved it.
DSC01873.JPG
FORESHADOWING?
We walked back towards the castle, near one of my favorite attractions!
DSC01876.JPG
What a lovely tarp.
DSC01875.JPG
YAY!
Next update: PhilharMagic and castle photo spam.

Last edited:
Hi!! I went to the Disney Store today and bought a shirt with Mickey balloons and a stuffed animal of the baby turtle from Moana. Today was a good day. And now to the trip report!
We had just walked into PhilharMagic. I am absolutely in love with this show and everything about it.
DSC01880.JPG
I was so very excited.
There was a line (???) as you can see above but after a short while we went into this room:
DSC01889.JPG
We waited there for a bit longer and we took cute pictures in our 3D glasses.
DSC01893.JPG
The doors opened and we sat down.
I enjoyed the show to it's fullest. I adore PhilharMagic and I think I even cried a little. The Little Mermaid scene is my FAVORITE and I watch it on YouTube all the time.
We walked out and began to leave the Magic Kingdom. We had to go see our room!
We walked out through the castle and I went picture crazy because this whole area is beautiful.
DSC01897.JPG

DSC01898.JPG

DSC01899.JPG
This picture is terrible but the Cinderella mosaics are so awesome!!
DSC01900.JPG
Looking back on Liberty Square.
DSC01902.JPG
I LOVE THIS PIC!
DSC01903.JPG
I love looking back on Main Street from this angle.
DSC01905.JPG
We were now on Main Street USA!
This update was really uneventful but I will type out a few more now because I have a ton more pictures!

Okay! New update! And more pictures!
DSC01906.JPG

DSC01907.JPG
I don't really get the point of this picture but I'm posting it anyway...
DSC01908.JPG
I really wanted to go lay down on the Hub Grass but I refrained...next trip.

DSC01910.JPG
Beautiful Main Street.
DSC01911.JPG
CASEY'S! I haven't eaten there in a year or two but I really need to one of these days.
DSC01914.JPG
Aww you can see Pluto meeting!
DSC01915.JPG
"Why are you taking a picture of a popcorn stand?"- my dad.
DSC01916.JPG
This picture makes me sad.
And we left the Magic Kingdom.
And then came back like six hours later.
DSC01920.JPG
And we monorailed over to the Grand Floridian to SEE OUR ROOMS!!!
Next update coming soon: monorail pictures and OUR ROOM AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!

Attachments

• DSC01909.JPG
    DSC01909.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi! I am ready to update and excited to tell about my trip.
We were riding the monorail, off to our resort.
DSC01923.JPG
I've always loved the Contemporary and the Bay Lake Tower looks so cool.
We traveled the rest of the monorail route to the Grand Floridian and then once we got there I freaked out some more and we went into Basin!
I LOVE BASIN.
If you've never been in here it's a store inside the Grand Floridian that sells soaps, bath bombs, hand scrubs and some other similar products. There's also a Basin store in Disney Springs.
We explored and smelled every soap.
I liked the Watermelon and Ice Cream ones. I was also very upset that the bacon soap that was there last year was GONE! It sounds incredibly odd but it smelled awesome.
Basin photo spam:DSC01929.JPG

DSC01930.JPG

DSC01931.JPG

DSC01932.JPG
The birthday cake soap smelled good too.
DSC01934.JPG
We also tried out the salt scrubs! The almond one is my FAVORITE and it smells SO GOOD. These make your hands feel so soft.
DSC01935.JPG
We also explored the store in the Grand Floridian. I was LOVING every piece of merchandise I saw. Also I now regret not buying a Grand Floridian souvenir. Ugh.
DSC01936.JPG
STUFFED ANIMALS.
We left the store and went down to finally see our room!
DSC01940.JPG

DSC01941.JPG
I love everything about this picture.
Next up: OUR ROOM!

Last edited:

Our room was in the Boca Chica building, second floor. Same building and floor as last time!
DSC01943.JPG

DSC01944.JPG
I didn't say I took normal photos.
DSC01945.JPG
We then fit 11 people in the elevator. It was lovely.
After wandering the halls a little bit we found our room!
DSC01947.JPG
I snapped a few pictures and then CHARGED FORWARD to see our view!
DSC01948.JPG
I miss this place.. and that's my brother going to put down his backpack.
And the best part? My cousins room was right next to us, and and connected to ours! And my grandparents room was a little ways down the hall!
DSC01949.JPG
The couch is where I would sleep. It pulled out to be a bed and I loved it.
VIEW!
DSC01950.JPG

DSC01951.JPG

DSC01952.JPG
I was very happy with this!
I LOVED OUR VIEW. If you bent down at a weird angle you could even see the MK Train Station and the castle! It was just the best.
From my cousin's room you could see all that and Astro Orbiter!
Next update: Dinner and an evening at MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter