Italy adults only August 2017 trip report

Awesome pictures! I love, love Italy. It really is the best. Say Hi to Miki from Kevin and Kate from the same trip as Jeff, Val, Chris and Will (it's like a little ABD reunion here :D) Glad to see she's doing great!

Awesome pictures! I love, love Italy. It really is the best. Say Hi to Miki from Kevin and Kate from the same trip as Jeff, Val, Chris and Will (it's like a little ABD reunion here :D) Glad to see she's doing great!

Thank you Kevin. I will tell her you guys said Hi!

Last night was s fun dinner at Castello Vicchiomaggio which is a medieval castle. We had a blast and enjoyed the food and entertainment.

53A9F34D-F4AC-4208-9FE3-9761B5E968F7.JPG

Today we visited The David. No words. Seeing this work of art in all its glory was the highlight of my day!

53A9F34D-F4AC-4208-9FE3-9761B5E968F7.JPG A62B4C50-9576-4EC8-B01F-D4DA362DA192.JPG 65840B44-95D3-4D27-AC9B-E7ABB387B563.JPG 3DF92048-DC9A-4A1C-8B5D-3A6C0173CB9A.JPG 023C4807-5912-4E7A-87CD-C96BD6129352.JPG 2276BF9A-F3C2-42A5-A51D-332D3E8F46C9.JPG E56104EA-BD63-4920-9E9F-099D064D48DC.JPG

You know, somehow I never realized that the David has something running over his shoulder to his left hand....

Great pictures. The building that houses "David" was constructed around the famous statue. Now they worry about how to earthquake it. Also in the Sistine Chapel our guide pointed out on big flaw in the fresco.....Adam has a belly button. As he asked "Why?"......something to ponder.

@Cousin Orville - Miki sends you, Kate and the rest of the group big hugs!

Great pictures. The building that houses "David" was constructed around the famous statue. Now they worry about how to earthquake it. Also in the Sistine Chapel our guide pointed out on big flaw in the fresco.....Adam has a belly button. As he asked "Why?"......something to ponder.

Hmmm ... most interesting. :-)

Great pictures! I love Florence and Rome when we were there during our DCL Med cruise in 2014. I would love to go back to both.

What great photos! Thanks for sharing. Brings back fond memories of Italy! I must make it back there some day.

Amazing Thanks for sharing

You are welcome and I am glad you are enjoying.

Awesome pics! Another trip that is on my list (and has been for a LONG time) :-)

Thank you! I am so glad we did this one. It has been outstanding!

Looks like you guys are having a great time.

We certainly are! This is another ABD that I could easily do again. It has been fantastic!

I am enjoying your report and beautiful photos immensely!!!

Thank you! We are truly enjoying ourselves a great deal!

Great pictures! I love Florence and Rome when we were there during our DCL Med cruise in 2014. I would love to go back to both.

Thank you. I am already thinking of coming back again!

What great photos! Thanks for sharing. Brings back fond memories of Italy! I must make it back there some day.

Thank you and you're welcome! I haven't left yet and I already want to come back!

Today we left beautiful Tuscany and took the Ferrari train to Venice. OH. EM. GEE. Venice is just the coolest place. Our local guide Marco had us in stitches! I've enjoyed all of our local guides on all of our ABD trips. Marco, shares my brand of humor and I was dying laughing as I was learning about the history of Venice. I am so looking forward to tomorrow! But back to Venice. What a feast for the eyes. This is a place I want to come back, stay 2 weeks and explore all the nooks and crannies. We were treated to a wonderful gondola ride through the canals upon our arrival. Thank you ABD! That was awesome! I immediately wanted to book a gondola again and take another tour of the canals! Our hotel at the Hilton is lovely and we have an amazing view. Dinner was on our own and we ate at Trattoria Altanella which is down an alley but has the most phenomenal view of the water and bridge. Afterwards we walked along the length of the canal exploring. It was a fantastic on your own evening.

85E29DA3-77E4-4A10-989B-63B42935CCED.JPG A0C17952-8C9D-4EB0-8CF4-98BAD900612A.JPG 99AF0DC6-695A-4FFE-BC39-65ABA8A31198.JPG IMG_7045.JPG 1D136608-F67D-477A-B925-8D4A40E84290.JPG

Last edited:
Love Venice!!! After our first exposure on our ABD trip two (?) years ago we went back last year (took a Greek Isles cruise that started and ended there) and are going back next year. Like you, we can't get enough of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter