It Pays to Shop Around (price checking all hotels for past week).

Phil from PA

Mouseketeer
So I was booked to fly to Tampa next Wednesday and catch a plane to Key West for a long weekend. With the hurricane I made a choice to change some plans and drive to US since I just got AP from a long weekend in April.

So last Wednesday there was no availability for HRH, Portofino was $ 286 and RPR was $ 1100 (yes $ 1100). I booked PBH and thought I would check back to see if anything else pops up. I like PBH but love RPR. I was at HRH years ago and, while nice, still always loved RPR more.

So Saturday I check again. Now PBH is $ 251, RPR is $ 560 and HRH is still unavailable. I booked the lower rate and cancelled other ressie.

So Monday rolls around and PBH is unchanged at $ 251, RPR is still $ 560 but HRH is showing $ 310. So my gal thinks she would enjoy HRH more so I book it and cancel PBH.

So I check again today over lunch. PBH is unchanged at $ 251, HRH has no availability and RPR is at $ 184. So, you guessed it, cancelled HRH and book RPR. We were there in April and my gal loves the place.

Moral of the story? It pays to check around if you have the time. Also, these are all APH rates naturally.

Rates often drop after cancellation period is over (6 days prior).

You'd probably find them less on hotwire, but always a gamble there even if armed with better bidding advice.

Enjoy

I don't disagree that checking can be helpful, but this time I believe its more due to the hurricane than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter