It has begun...my vacation style is evolving.

Hey Bill,
So do those have a “use window “ e.g. 14 days? Good planning BTW

No. They were the best tickets! We would get up to 3 trips out of a 10-day. (One day in parks, one day no parks.) If you bought the water park option that also does not expire even after all your park days are used and you got as many water park days as park days (I think - that may have changed over time) but we do 1 water park (if even at all) per trip. So, we still have water park days from our very first 10 day non exp tickets.

ETA
I think ticket offerings have the most impact on our touring style.

With the elimination of the non-exp tix and the extra days costing less and less the longer your ticket length, we started doing a park every day, but less time and no hopping (so save the $).

Now we have APs for the first time (thanks to the special DVC offer last year) and will be going during a DVC AP blockout period in 2018 and have lots of hopping in our touring plan. We will be utilizing EMH more than ever, too (thanks to the hopping). This will cover our 2019 trip as well.

Will a park-less trip be in store for 2021.....? Maybe but I doubt it. We have some single day tickets in our account, so maybe we'll only do 2-3 park days and use them up.

I find ticket prices have the biggest impact on our vacation budget in general. Rooms and food can be adjusted more easily based on the funds available. Ticket prices are just insane IMO.

Last edited:
No. They were the best tickets! We would get up to 3 trips out of a 10-day. (One day in parks, one day no parks.) If you bought the water park option that also does not expire even after all your park days are used and you got as many water park days as park days (I think - that may have changed over time) but we do 1 water park (if even at all) per trip. So, we still have water park days from our very first 10 day non exp tickets.

ETA
I think ticket offerings have the most impact on our touring style.

With the elimination of the non-exp tix and the extra days costing less and less the longer your ticket length, we started doing a park every day, but less time and no hopping (so save the $).

Now we have APs for the first time (thanks to the special DVC offer last year) and will be going during a DVC AP blockout period in 2018 and have lots of hopping in our touring plan. We will be utilizing EMH more than ever, too (thanks to the hopping). This will cover our 2019 trip as well.

Will a park-less trip be in store for 2021.....? Maybe but I doubt it. We have some single day tickets in our account, so maybe we'll only do 2-3 park days and use them up.

I find ticket prices have the biggest impact on our vacation budget in general. Rooms and food can be adjusted more easily based on the funds available. Ticket prices are just insane IMO.
Interesting! Thanks. Yeah we go enough that we can’t see not having AP’s and we are only recently DVC owners so stockpiling wasn’t on our radar. Between our local grocery gift card deals and buying them with the Disney Visa we see about a 12% discount. But it still is not pocket change!

DVC has definitely changed how we vacation at Disney. We don't do rope drops anymore unless it's someone's first time in our travelling party. Now we prefer to sleep in a little, use our 3 fast passes, and enjoy more dining options.

I may be counting this wrong, and am not including shows in my count, but isn't there only 15 rides in Epcot and HS combined right now? Many of them are top notch rides, but for someone who has been there three times in the past 2 years, and 4 more trips planned for the upcoming year (wow, I'm spoiled), I find myself a lot more excited about checking out the hotels than going to the parks from dawn 'till dusk. I love that DVC ownership will allow me to tell my kids "yes" if they want to keep playing in the pool in the afternoon, even if that means we will miss an evening fastpass, because I know I can just hop on that ride during my next trip down.

15 is correct.

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog
Alien Saucers
Toy Story Midway Mania
Star Tours

Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Test Track
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Journey Into Imagination
Living with the Land
Soarin’

15 is correct.

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog
Alien Saucers
Toy Story Midway Mania
Star Tours

Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Test Track
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Journey Into Imagination
Living with the Land
Soarin’

Woo woo. Maybe I can get a job over at undercover tourist. That count was all done just in my head. Thanks for fact checking me.

Woo woo. Maybe I can get a job over at undercover tourist. That count was all done just in my head. Thanks for fact checking me.

I have a spreadsheet with all the rides bc I’m putting together my tour strategy for the wdw49 challenge (ride all 49 rides in one operating day).

DAK has nine rides. MK has 25 rides...which is more than the other three parks combined.

We are 45 with college aged kids and have had 2 resort only trips recently.
The kids normally go off on their own, my wife and I do our own thing. During park trips, they stay much longer than us, but we meet up to eat and do some attractions together. I personally like to open the MK and close the MK, on the same day.

Last fall I made daily trips to Epcot to see Christopher Cross and Dennis DeYoung. Most relaxing Disney trip ever.

If it wasn’t for work, I’d be making a special trip to see Billy Ocean at Food & Wine. Missed him by one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!