Issues with making dining reservations

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this isn't the right board for this...

Yesterday was our 180 day mark that allowed us to book our dining. WDW policy is you can book dining at 180 days from your first day of your trip up to 10 days out. Our trip is 9/11-9/18 so we were allowed to book our entire trip starting yesterday. Mom and I had a slumber party and were up and at 'em with coffee in hand at 6am ready to book our dining. We were able to book 9/11 but the remaining days we kept getting error messages (9/12-9/18). We ended up having to call to book the rest of our reservations for 9/12-9/18. We brought this up to dining and had several conversations with the internet help desk with now answer or solution. I called today to follow up because although we are good on our dining, I am now worried about it impacting our ability to make our FP+ reservations so I want the problem resolved. The lady at the internet help desk that I talked to this morning told me that we, online, are able to book 180 days out but the rest of our trip, although we are qualified to do book them, has to be done over the phone with dining. I am having a hard time believing it because why wouldn't anyone b/w dining and the help desk yesterday, tell us that? Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if that is actually the policy?

If we can only book 180 days out online, then that's something new. I did our reservations online a week ago and had no problems. I'm trying to add some now though, and possibly move some around as more days of our holiday should be available to book, but I'm only getting the "Sorry for the paws" message. So I'm able to look up what is available for my dates on the website, it just gives me the error message when I'm attempting to book it. It was the same yesterday as well. Is anyone else having issues with their online reservations?

I made my reservations months ago, but I was able to do it online and did not have to call. If you know have to call for 180+10 that is a recent change. However I did have issues with the website and had more luck using the app. In my experience you need to be prepared to use either option since on any given day you never know which one is going to work.

Me either. It keeps saying try again after I choose my time. My days open up.

I had to just abandon the online booking and call....which I HATE. But I ended up with everything I wanted, and only had to wait 10 minutes today vs 40 minutes yesterday. It did help that at least I could see what was available and have my dates time and locations ready. Anything after the 180 days is just not working online.

Nothing but error messages for me this morning! 90 minutes on hold to make reservations and of course no BOG dinner left-Of course I could see them online at 6am.

I broke down and called member services this morning. Only an 8 minute wait at 9:00am. Just made two of them. She told me I won’t get a confirmation email and will have to link it myself, but to my surprise the 2 reservations I made were linked. I may call tomorrow morning to do a few more. I told her the +10 wasn’t working and she said she would report it.

Yea, still not working. Just made my one adr this morning. I’ll be back on this time tomorrow.

I'm unable to make any dinging reservations. "Sorry for the paws" message. At first i thought it was because the time slot I was clicking on was being snagged before I could get it, but I realized it was ALL places and ALL time slots. No matter what restaurant or time I clicked on it gave me the error message.

I am on hold. Quoted 2hr hold time and am 45min in. :( I could cry.

Dates are Sept 15-23rd. *sigh*

What browser are people using?
I had a problem using Firefox and then switched to Microsoft's Edge and was able to make a reservation over the weekend.

What browser are people using?
I had a problem using Firefox and then switched to Microsoft's Edge and was able to make a reservation over the weekend.

I tried Chrome and internet explorer, also not working on safari or the MDE app. It didn’t seem browser related to me as I could easily make ADRs for the 180th day but any date after that would create an error message so the problem is on their end. I eventually called the phone line and was able to secure all my reservations

I tried Chrome and internet explorer, also not working on safari or the MDE app. It didn’t seem browser related to me as I could easily make ADRs for the 180th day but any date after that would create an error message so the problem is on their end. I eventually called the phone line and was able to secure all my reservations
I tried the app, chrome & safari and nothing but error messages. I could make ADR for exactly 180 but no plus 10. I can’t seem to get the website or app to work today either!

Tried Chrome, Firefox and did not work (error message). Tried Edge and it froze the first try. Took for..ev...er to load after making the time/location selection. Then it froze. Again. Reloaded. Tried again. Same error message.

**EDIT** Made a reservation for the 180th day only. All other days had issues. Not calling by phone, as I'm at work. Just will slug through it day by day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!