Is this too much?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Hey everyone,
I have tried to come up with a budget for myself for my planned 12 day trip solo then with friends Aug 25 - Sept 6.
Does $2500 seem really reasonable for a trip to WDW? I am not staying on site; I factored in food, spending and car - I've already purchased some of my tickets before hand. What's actually killing me is the price of the airfare (come from Western Canada). I just want to know if this is an average price for a 12 day trip.
Yes, I will be doing all the parks (WDW, IOA, US, SW) and want to shop at the Outlet mall (I LOVE that mall). I want to go to Cirque du Soleil, but otherwise, no real expensive plans otherwise.
Just want to know if this is a standard price?
Thanks,
J

As a total amount, I don`t know. The known cost would be your park tickets. You can that at the different parks websites or at other sites like the DIS and here too. Car rental I would use something like Orbitz, Travelocity and such and then go to each car rental compnay`s sites. Food costs are high in the parks. Eating over the counter food in theme parks I have found runs around $10+. This depends on how much and what kind of food you like. If you are going to do sit down or character meals you need to plan on spending more. For me recently I have been doing mostly over the counter eating and I budget about $40 - $50 a day for meals. This allows me to go cheap one day and then do a sit down or character meal(I love doing character meals!) another. I am not sure if the menus here on the DIS have prices or not. I would look there too. That way you may have an idea what the costs might be. I hope this helps you some. Ask about anything you want about costs, I am sure someone here can try to help you. Have a great and magical trip.::MickeyMo pirate:

Break down your costs for us, we'll be able to help you better.

If your air fare is over half your budget for instance, than it looks really good for 12 nights. If your air is only $150 (from W. Canada that's unlikely but this is an example) then you're not getting a good deal.

Tell us what you paid for hotel, car, meals, and air and we can see if your over paying on a particular area.

But on the whole, it sounds good!

By the way, for meals I budget $8 for breakfast, $10 for lunch, and $10 for dinner for counter service. For sit down/charactor I budget $25 per meal (high but I'd rather have money left over than go over budget). I just add up the number of meals for the time I'll be there, multiply by the apropriate price, and get a very good idea of my food cost. Last time I went I had about $20 left over at the end of the trip from my food budget. I bought a t-shirt!

Breakdown of trip for 12 days:
Airfare from Western Canada: $500
Hotel in orlando (shared for half): $300
Cirque du soleil: $95
Tickets: for all parks 5 days ultimate park hopper pass $260, IOA/US $70, Sea World $50
Food: $500 - I am over doing it just in case - I will be buying groceries
Car: $350 (this too will be shared for part of trip)
Shopping: $750 - I love to shop (It's my drug)

The tickets I have actually already purchased, so I really am not factoring them into the cost of the trip once I am down there. Does this seem like a logical cost, and am I forgetting anything?
Thanks, J

are you planning on eating and drinking in the parks?? keep in mind that a bottle of water is $ 3.00 each.( i dont drink sodas, so not sure about them )

have you thought about gas ( which is about $2.00 a gallon in the states on average right now )

parking is about $6.00 for each park ( if you hop around at Disney, then keep your ticket stub and show it to the other park parking lot guy, they will only make you pay once a day for parking )

have you added sales tax( about 11% ) ?

keep your chin up::yes:: i think people do more than what they think they can with the money they have!! ( remember college people? )

it sounds like you are thinking in too broad of strokes. Sit down and really plan out your budget on a DAY to DAY budget.

Transportation
Airfare
Car Service
Tip for Car Service Driver
Rental Car
Car Valet Tips @ Hotel
Parking @ Parks
Parking @ Hotel
Gas
Lodging
Hotel (don't forget tax)
Bellman Tips
Housekeeping Tips
Food & Drink (don't forget tax & tip)
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Groceries
Park Admission
Disney
Water Park
Sea World
USO/IOA
Souvenirs
Disney
Sea World
USO/IOA
Miscellaneous
Film & Development
Water Craft Rentals
Goofy Golf
Ride Pictures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter