Is this right?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I called RCI today to ask a couple of questions. I wasn't sure about some of the answers I was given as the guy I was speaking to didn't sound that confident in what he was telling me. He told me the nursery was open, kids club does not require booking slots and that you can just show up and drop your kid of whenever you like. I asked him what the requirements are when docking at St Marteen and he said that no testing was required and that you didn't have to book excursions to be able to get off the ship. I will have 2 kids that are unvaccinated (ages 1 & 5) so I'm not sure this is correct? He also told me that masks were only required for 12 and up but I know thats not true! Does anyone know the answers to any of the above or have I been given the correct information? Thanks!

I called RCI today to ask a couple of questions. I wasn't sure about some of the answers I was given as the guy I was speaking to didn't sound that confident in what he was telling me. He told me the nursery was open, kids club does not require booking slots and that you can just show up and drop your kid of whenever you like. I asked him what the requirements are when docking at St Marteen and he said that no testing was required and that you didn't have to book excursions to be able to get off the ship. I will have 2 kids that are unvaccinated (ages 1 & 5) so I'm not sure this is correct? He also told me that masks were only required for 12 and up but I know thats not true! Does anyone know the answers to any of the above or have I been given the correct information? Thanks!
These are just my guesses:
Nursery: Depends on the ship
Kids Club: Depends on the ship
St. Masrten: According to Celebrity's (associated with RCI) website, own excursions are allowed, but I'm sure that's subject to change.
Masks: I'm assuming required for all

Agree with PP - depends on the ship. We just got off a Royal cruise a few weeks ago. The nursery and kids club were fully open, but they did mention that they were short-staffed. We could make only one reservation at a time - could not book multiple days nor even multiple times in one day. They said we could come by at other times and wait to see if there were no shows. There were no vaccination requirement for the kids in the club.

By the way, we did go to the kids club without reservations several times, and there were always no shows, so they did let others in. But there were always more folks wanting to get in than slots available.

Their website usually has more reliable info than what you'll get by calling.

I asked him what the requirements are when docking at St Marteen and he said that no testing was required and that you didn't have to book excursions to be able to get off the ship. I will have 2 kids that are unvaccinated (ages 1 & 5) so I'm not sure this is correct?

No.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/...ents-for-guests-to-go-ashore-in-ports-of-call

Families traveling with unvaccinated kids must purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore in ports of call. This applies to all ports of call except those listed below. Vaccinated parents wishing to go ashore freely in the port that allow it, can visit our youth facilities onboard to learn about drop off program hours and availability, and reserve time for their child on the day they wish to go in port.

He also told me that masks were only required for 12 and up but I know thats not true! Does anyone know the answers to any of the above or have I been given the correct information?

Regardless of vaccination status, right now, all guests must wear a mask indoors unless seated and actively eating and drinking. That being said, from what I have been able to gather, they are not being required in the gym/fitness area.

The current mask policy is set to expire on Feb 14 but I would bet it will be extended to sailings beyond that as the date gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter