Is there enough to do at Universal for 5 days to a week?

I think you'd have plenty to do! It will be more relaxing than the WDW frenzy but that can be quite a nice change. One thing I don't see mentioned often is to take a warm afternoon and then rather than the traditional swim go back to the parks and group all the water rides in the parks together. Be prepared to get soaked and ride those rides multiple times; EP it makes it easy. I guarantee you and your family will laugh (a lot!).

Also, I suspect VB will be great by then. We're going in early September and I've been watching the threads. It seems like if you have a good plan, it's already a special place. So, be sure to factor that into your thinking...

For me, even at a relaxed pace, 2 to 3 days is plenty. I can't imagine 5. I can't even manage to stay until park closing each day when I do go. I'm not one that has to do every single thing in a park though. 3 days is the most I've ever done and that was during Celebration of Harry Potter where there were several extra Harry Potter themed things to do and shows and guest panels so it forced me to slow down and linger a bit. It was fun but if not for that, I would say one full day at each park is more than enough for me.

We leave tomorrow and are doing 6 days at Disney and 6 days at universal (RPR), along with two open days. We have never been to universal, and with the express pass every day, I feel we can take our time. I know Disney will be a little more hectic, so ending with Universal, (with a last day at Disney) seems like a nice way to slow down. We will use the early hour the first day to explore HP, but for the next few days we will use the extra morning hour for Volcano Bay. I figure hit the slides while they are walk on, then go back to the hotel, lunch and nap, then go out to the parks late afternoon. Dinner, then choose a park at night. Rinse and repeat, with a little Blue Man and outlet shopping thrown in!

We leave tomorrow and are doing 6 days at Disney and 6 days at universal (RPR), along with two open days. We have never been to universal, and with the express pass every day, I feel we can take our time. I know Disney will be a little more hectic, so ending with Universal, (with a last day at Disney) seems like a nice way to slow down. We will use the early hour the first day to explore HP, but for the next few days we will use the extra morning hour for Volcano Bay. I figure hit the slides while they are walk on, then go back to the hotel, lunch and nap, then go out to the parks late afternoon. Dinner, then choose a park at night. Rinse and repeat, with a little Blue Man and outlet shopping thrown in!

Sounds like a good plan.

No doubt some people find a couple of days enough at Universal, fair enough, each to their own.......but not for us. We never get bored at Universal and with staying onsite you'll love having plenty of resort time too if you decide to do that too.......

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Sounds like a good plan.

No doubt some people find a couple of days enough at Universal, fair enough, each to their own.......but not for us. We never get bored at Universal and with staying onsite you'll love having plenty of resort time too if you decide to do that too.......

Thanks!

Sounds like a good plan.

Hope you have a fabulous trip![/Q

Sounds like a good plan.

I'm actually staying 7 days and what I'm reading is that you can finish up in a couple days! We arrive next week. My approach is to go with the flow! I'm already feeling overwhelmed & excited at the same time! I'm reading so many great ideas on various forums that my head is spinning. I'm so used to Disney and going non stop there but I've learned to slow down on our past trips. This trip is a new adventure and we are looking forward to it. I must confess we never watched any of the Harry Potter movies but plan on it for the next several days before our arrival.

I'm actually staying 7 days and what I'm reading is that you can finish up in a couple days! We arrive next week. My approach is to go with the flow! I'm already feeling overwhelmed & excited at the same time! I'm reading so many great ideas on various forums that my head is spinning. I'm so used to Disney and going non stop there but I've learned to slow down on our past trips. This trip is a new adventure and we are looking forward to it. I must confess we never watched any of the Harry Potter movies but plan on it for the next several days before our arrival.

Hope you have a truly fabulous time.........

Some may be able to do the parks in a couple of days........I prefer not to rush around and try to fit everything in......most folks say they can't do everything even then......

You have plenty of time to relax and definitely go with the flow........

We happily spent 5 days at UO over the course of a week for March Break 2015 and it was fabulous. It was our first time. My kids and DH and I are huge Potter fans so we really took our time there - made sure we had lots of time at night as well. Then we actually focused on the rest of the park and were quite pleasantly surprised. We stayed off site but still did some breaks during the day and came back at night after a rest. I didn't have any touring plan or strategy other than to hit the big HP rides first so we probably weren't as efficient but we really didn't need to be. One of our favourite vacations. So much so that this year's 2 week Disney trip now MUST include 3 days at UO which will feel really tight compared to how much time we had last time. As others said, to each their own but our family can easily spend a week there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter