Is there a "List of stuff to bring to your villa" anywhere?

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
We've never had a kitchen on vacation before! We're going to HHI DVC next week.

Surely, someone has compiled a list. All I've come up with is:

Dishsoap
Salt/Pepper

HELP!!!

I only have experience at BWV and am assuming ( oh-oh, LOL) that HHI will be the same.

You won't need the dishsoap. It's supplied and if you run out, mousekeeping will bring more. We bring sugar, coffee and coffee filters in addition to salt&pepper. We also bring our own shampoo and bar soap for the bathroom(s) because we (OK, it's me, rest of family think I'm nuts) keep the Mickey Mouse items for souvenirs/stocking stuffers. You don't get enough to last more than a day or so anyway, and mousekeeping/DVC charges for more. Don't forget laundry soap / fabric softener if you plan to use the washer/dryer. You get just a start up supply of that. There's probably other things but that's all I can remember right now.

Enjoy - you will come home spoiled!

Don't forget napkins, a teflon-coated pan for cooking[if you use all the time - the pans at disney are stainless and can be tough to clean], pool/beach toys for the young ones and plenty of sunscreen! We also bring the Crystal light drinks that are in individual small containers with about 5 per tube and our own water bottles to fill each morning and drink and fill in the parks. A cheap plastic rain poncho at your local dollar store is a good idea for each member of the family:smooth:

Are you staying in a studio or 1 br+++?

We were able to stay at HH for 2 weeks this summer. The first week (May) we stayed in a studio. We ate most of our meals in the room. This required alot of planning do to limited number of kitchen ware and only a microwave. A crock pot/slow cooker a must have!

The second week (Sept) we stayed in a 1 br with full kitchen. I'll give you a complete list of how we handled our stay if you give me a little bit more info. Do you plan on eatting in most meals? Is it a Studio or larger?

Most important - I planned at least 5 menus before we left. That enabled me to determine what I would need to prepare these meals.

We even packed our lunches (or late night snack/wine coolers) and took them to the beach. Several Grocery stores are just a short drive from the resort. We found Publix's to have the best selection of lunchmeats, breads, juices, bottled coffees, sodas, desserts, etc.

Sandy B.

Kitchen

1) Plastic storage bags &/or storage containers
2) Slow cooker/crock pot
3) Automic dishwasher detergent & small bottle dish soap
4) nylon scrubbie
5) Pam
6) plastic wrap
7) straws/sip cups/lidded cups for children
8) aluminum foil
9) small cooler to take to beach or store ice (No auto ice maker in fridge)
10) foil pans to cook in/on (Who wants to scrub pans)

* Wash ALL glasses, dishes, bowls, plates before using. Found many dishes & bowls were put away dirty. Top few dishes clean, next three had crumbs and food practices on them. Don't take a chance. We filled the dishwasher twice inorder to have clean items to use. Only bad thing in room.

Limited counter space in kitchen. Some pans and utensils very old and warn. Call for new items if not reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Sandy B.

I just started to write my list of items to bring for the kitchen, laundry and dining.
1 Non stick pan
2 Pam spray
3 Coffee and filters
4 Tea bags
5 Sugar/Equal
6 Dryer sheets
7 Laundry soap
8 Dye magnet
9 Salt and pepper
10Aluminin foil
11Storage bags
12 Napkins
13 Candles
14 Any spices I might need for the limited cooking I plan on doing!
I also bring first aid stuff, bandaids, Pepto, Mole skin, ASA, sun screen, sun burn meds, etc.

Kitchen-wise, we don't do much cooking, except for breakfast and snacks, so I can't help much there. I would say if I had to recommend one thing, it would be SOS pads.If you're going to cook, you'll probably need to scour the pans. They supply you with dish soap and dishwasher soap. Maybe a roll of tinfoil would be helpful too. I also bring clothes soap,dryer sheets, and a stain stick, and extra hangers....there never seem to be enough!!!!!!My DH likes Starbucks coffee, so I bring that, and coffee filters. They give you a 1 or 2 days supply of coffee, so fi you're big coffee drinkers, it's probably not a bad idea to bring more.

We maked a list before going and take along the things that are nonperishable from home. We then go grocery shopping as soon as we arrive so we have everything we need.

Don't bother with dishwasher or dish soap, they are provided and will be replenished if you ask. Laundry soap is a MUST and we like to use the tabs since they are easy to pack.

We also have a stock of seasonings that just stays in a suitcase ready to go. I bring a griddle because we like pancakes in the morning, and the fry pan is not a non stick one, so we had a disaster last year!

Any utinsils you might need can be had by calling the desk. We don't bother with napkins since paper towels work just as well, and they are available.

We go during Thanksgiving and eat in so I bring T'day napkins, Candles and a small centerpiece,. It will be a small Beanie bag Turkey this year. Just making our "Home away from Home" more homey.

Do not forget a night light for the bathroom, it really comes in handy at HHI.

I would say to pack a little tap light. THis is especially great if you have youngsters.

I put everything in large ziplock bags, before packing it. This included some potentially messy toiletries. This has saved us from some bad leakage, during travel. It also gives you some zip locks for storage during your stay.

LOL...Maryanne! I can't forget my dh.....he's the one tapping his foot waiting for me to get the last minute stuff together...I'm lucky he doesn't leave without me! (But of course last time when I told him "we'll leave when the baby falls asleep" he didn't even pack the car and looked at me in shock when I said "She's asleep!"...He was playing video games!)

Anyway...for the pans...scrub them with a green scotch-brite pad and some salt...it'll get almost anything off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter