Is there a FoP (type) ride planned for DL?

SteveMP

DIS Veteran
and if so what is it going to be? Or any guesses on what they would make it? I personally would love to see the ride mechanisms at the new SW land, perhaps speeder bikes racing through Endor forests?

and if so what is it going to be? Or any guesses on what they would make it? I personally would love to see the ride mechanisms at the new SW land, perhaps speeder bikes racing through Endor forests?
Nope. Only thing DLR has going is Star Wars Land. I doubt they will have anything else major at DL for a long time. At DCA there are rumors of more Marvel type rides in the vicinity of GOTG.

:wizard:

Nope. Only thing DLR has going is Star Wars Land. I doubt they will have anything else major at DL for a long time. At DCA there are rumors of more Marvel type rides in the vicinity of GOTG.

:wizard:

Yeah thats why I figured SW land might. It seems they usually do the same ride as a different theme between parks, like Indy vs Dinosaur, Test Track vs RSR, etc. that FoP technology is too cool not to put in DL.

Man if there was some kind of rideable snowspeeder that could towhook an AT-AT down, that would pretty much be my dream ride, though it wouldn't fit the storyline. A Tron ride would also fit the tech.

I could see them doing some mish mash Marvel ride conglomerate. Seems most Marvel character popularity is pretty short lived.

Yeah thats why I figured SW land might. It seems they usually do the same ride as a different theme between parks, like Indy vs Dinosaur, Test Track vs RSR, etc. that FoP technology is too cool not to put in DL.

Man if there was some kind of rideable snowspeeder that could towhook an AT-AT down, that would pretty much be my dream ride, though it wouldn't fit the storyline. A Tron ride would also fit the tech.

I could see them doing some mish mash Marvel ride conglomerate. Seems most Marvel character popularity is pretty short lived.
Nothing mentioned as of now. And imho no to anything else big in SW land- that's full-up and there's no room to expand it in the future (and it's already the biggest land).

The two rides at SWGE will be identical at DLR and WDW. The First Order ride will have a large screen as part of it (I have seen the plans) but not the same as FoP (you are in one larger ride vehicle not individual seats, and it's not a huge room with many other vehicles; it's also only one aspect of the ride).

I think a big issue is space at DLR. Right now there really is not much room for more rides that take up a lot of square footage. Considering how FoP has 4 screens, plus an extended queue, I just don't think there's any room for it in CA. I could imagine, however, them adding it to the international parks (though I don't know if their contract with James Cameron/Avatar allows that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!