Is the Passholder Card Required For AP Discount?

I'm glad I had read on here before my last trip that I needed the passholder card. I upgraded to an AP at guest services outside Epcot a few weeks ago and had to ask for the passholder card. He did not offer it. I also asked him to prioritize my AP over the non-expiring ticket on my account. I hope he did, I never remembered to check that later.

Interesting - I've ALWAYS been asked for my AP discount card and ID when making a purchase.

Not only that but one occasion where I was actually checking out and my DD (a teen at he time) added a few more cash area items (silly little things) to my purchase pile at the last minute and the CM wouldn't let me process them until she saw that my DD had an AP as well. <Insert eye roll here>

I had the opposite experience. I have an AP but DD does not. We used my AP and she used her cc. If there had been a problem I would have just charged it to the room. I'm not sure if they should have accepted this but it happened at multiple places with no one batting an eye. A couple of times she even left the counter to find me with my card.

We forgot our passholder cards for our April trip and were told by a cm to pull it up on the MDE app and screenshot it. We used that off our phones with our ID the whole week. But at a few quick service locations, they never asked for our cards, they just saw the slider in our bands and gave us the discount..

We went to DHS today: at the Hollywood Brown Derby, they checked carefully the name of the Passholder card and the ID. We've also been at several shops and have had mixed results: some did not request anything and trusted us on the discount, while others checked we had a Passholder card. None checked my wife's ID.

Given how many locations require the card, it's very unfortunate that Guest Relations does not hand one automatically when upgrading to an AP. It's like if they're asking for complaints about this, when some guests will not be able to benefit from a discount they thought they were eligible for.

We have also always been asked for both the card and ID. In fact, we had an issue once when my MIL wanted to buy a toy for my son, who was also an AP holder at the time. He gave the cashier his card and they wanted ID with it. He was 4 years old and didn't have any sort of ID yet. I had to show my card and ID in order to get the discount.

We have also always been asked for both the card and ID. In fact, we had an issue once when my MIL wanted to buy a toy for my son, who was also an AP holder at the time. He gave the cashier his card and they wanted ID with it. He was 4 years old and didn't have any sort of ID yet. I had to show my card and ID in order to get the discount.

That is a glitch with this, if your child travels with someone else or their school etc and has no ID. Old days they used to print your photo right on the tickets, now for DAS they put your photo in system .... no reason to not do this with AP ... then they could instantly verify it is your AP without need for ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter