Is joining Disney Club "worth it"

mskay

Mouseketeer
I am considering joining in hopes of saving $$ on car rental/resort stay. I saw on mousesavers.com that you can get $10 off in the next week or two bringing the cost to $30. Is it worth it?

Hi mskay!

I think that the answer to that is best answered by answering THESE questions:
Can I get a discount at a Resort at my time of travel with the Disney Club? Is there a code available to me at the same time? Do I want to worry about it?
How much do I shop at TDS or at the World of Disney?
Do I already have the Entertainment Book?
It is by getting savings on these things where you will get SIGNIFICANT savings. But if there is NO DC discount at your time of travel, if you do not do much shopping at TDS and the WOD and if you already have the benefits of the Entertainment Book, then I would say that you could get away with not buying the DC.
You can get similar savings on admissions if you are a AAA member or at several online sites (except on APs - if you want APs - you should buy the DC - it is the only way to get a discount on them.)
You usually can find discounts on car rentals elsewhere.
I bought DC last year and still ask myself if it was worth it. But when you add in the $15 that I saved on my AP and the savings that I got shopping, then I have gotten back my $30 and more.
I hope that this has given you some food for thought...

I agree! I am happy with my DC membership and plan on renewing but then again I have a TDS 5 minutes from my house and am a frequent online shopper so in purchases alone I've made back the cost of the membership. I also used it to save money on 6-day park hoppers which just adds to the savings.

However, when we booked our room for Dec. 2002 we used the AAA membership discount which is the same as DC because I liked the cancellation policies better so I wouldn't get it just for that.

Hope that helps!

I joined the Disney Club and I saved the cost of membership just on my car rental. I have also used it at my local Disney Store and it will save on the cost of park hopper passes. If you use the Disney Club and rent a car from National and buy your park passes you will have paid for the membership with just those two things. Also you get a subscription to the Disney Magazine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter