Is it possible to see where you are in line for waitlist?

DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
Needing 1 night for the beginning of our trip in June. I am getting close to the 60 day mark, and this will change how I book fast passes based on where we spend the 1st night.

waiting on 1 night at Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard view.

No. If you call the CMs will tell you that they can't tell, either. Good luck - there's still a chance your waitlist will work and since you only need one night, you're only competing with the people that may be ahead of you that also only want that same night.

Standard view, I wouldn't count on it, the numbers are against you.

:earsboy: Bill

I got the even trickier BWV standard 2 bed for July after a week on waitlist, so it can happen. Especially if you were on very close to the 7 months.

what happens when your wait list disappears from your DVC site?

That almost always means your waitlist has a match and is waiting for a CM to complete the reservation. Waitlist matches are done by computer, but the actual reservation (and other associated work) needs to be done by a human being.

I've been told that the CMs work the matches in the order of arrival - the ones closest to arrival date get worked first. Makes sense. (Usually, if the phones are very busy, everyone answers the the phones and "behind the scenes "work like waitlist matches is set aside until the phones calm down. At least that is how I always managed the call centers I supervised). Sometimes when you call, the CM will see that there is a match and finish it up for you. But if you wait, it will get done without calling.

I received no warning or special notice. You just get the standard reservation confirmed email, but now with your waitlist hotel on. Easy to miss as initially I thought they'd for some reason just sent through the original one again.

I received no warning or special notice. You just get the standard reservation confirmed email, but now with your waitlist hotel on. Easy to miss as initially I thought they'd for some reason just sent through the original one again.
Not their fault if you don't read your emails. ;). :teeth: :teeth:

I also got a waitlist email in January, about a week before the trip. Just an email. I thought it was for the resort I had booked but it was for the new waitlist location. Almost missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter