Is it possible for a WDW lifetime ban to be lifted???

roseybug

Earning My Ears
Someone very close to me was caught up in a hairy situation and has been banned from the WDW property. This breaks my heart because I'll never be able to have family trips again and it was his favorite place in the whole world.. is there anything me or my family can do?

Someone very close to me was caught up in a hairy situation and has been banned from the WDW property. This breaks my heart because I'll never be able to have family trips again and it was his favorite place in the whole world.. is there anything me or my family can do?

Plastic surgery, change your name, and use a different finger to scan into the park.

:welcome:

What did they do?!

TBH - I can't see how with all the visitors that come and what not that they can track individuals that closely. I would give it a few years and give it a try. I mean it's not even a fingerprint scan right - it's just your bone length or something.

How does Disney even track people that are banned? We usually go to DL & I have never had to show ID.

How does Disney even track people that are banned? We usually go to DL & I have never had to show ID.
DisneyWorld uses fingerprint scanners.

OP- Depending on how much information they have on him and if he has moved since the ban (assuming he even gave them his address), it's possible to refuse the fingerprint scan and use goverment issued ID. My brother wont allow them to scan his fingerprints so I know this is an option because my nieces complained that he made them take forever getting in over it.

I would think you could also write a letter to them asking it to be lifted...

DisneyWorld uses fingerprint scanners.

OP- Depending on how much information they have on him and if he has moved since the ban (assuming he even gave them his address), it's possible to refuse the fingerprint scan and use goverment issued ID. My brother wont allow them to scan his fingerprints so I know this is an option because my nieces complained that he made them take forever getting in over it.

I would think you could also write a letter to them asking it to be lifted...

Just as an FYI, it’s not a fingerprint scan. It takes biometric markers from your fingerprint, but does not take a full fingerprint.

I don't know much about this, but I wouldn't try to beat their system to get in. You'd just be worried the whole time about getting caught and probably the banned person would be charged with trespassing. What I'd suggest is maybe, depending on what caused the ban, writing to them after some time has passed with sincere apologies, asking it if could be lifted. Again, I don't know how firm they are about it, but it couldn't hurt to ask them in a very well written letter.

Is it a ban just from WDW? Could you still go to Disneyland or one of their other international parks?

Not sure what the person did ( hairy?), but liking WDW does not excuse the consequences of his actions. As a family member, I don't see you being able to fix it for him (nor should you), especially if he is an adult. It makes it seem like he is not a responsible person. I would suggest letting a significant amount of time pass and have that person reach out to Disney to see if they are open to lifting the ban. He definitely shouldn't try to enter the property on the hopes that they won't catch him.

After the 1-year anniversary a person can appeal the ban. WDW will review the situation and rule. If they rule against lifting the ban the person can appeal again in a year. I know this from Adam the Woo, a YouTube personality who was banned for going and filming backstage on several occasions. He appealed twice, both times being rejected. An acquaintance of his was a lawyer in Florida who had a decent relationship with the Disney company offered to write a letter on his behalf for the next appeal, and WDW did lift it.

I have no idea how often this happens. Keep in mind this was a trespassing ban, there was no violence or theft involved. I imagine it would be even more difficult if that had been the situation. Best of luck, but the odds are not great and will likely take many years if it happens at all.

What did he do to get banned? If it was sneaking into a place he wasn't supposed to, maybe. If it was theft or assault or any criminal act towards a child then I would say it will never get lifted. I did see a video where a guy got banned for cutting a kids balloon string. So what was it?

Last edited:
After the 1-year anniversary a person can appeal the ban. WDW will review the situation and rule. If they rule against lifting the ban the person can appeal again in a year. I know this from Adam the Woo, a YouTube personality who was banned for going and filming backstage on several occasions. He appealed twice, both times being rejected. An acquaintance of his was a lawyer in Florida who had a decent relationship with the Disney company offered to write a letter on his behalf for the next appeal, and WDW did lift it.

I have no idea how often this happens. Keep in mind this was a trespassing ban, there was no violence or theft involved. I imagine it would be even more difficult if that had been the situation. Best of luck, but the odds are not great and will likely take many years if it happens at all.
Adam the woo was the first person that came to mind. Didn't he get banned from Universal too and then got it lifted?

Adam the woo was the first person that came to mind. Didn't he get banned from Universal too and then got it lifted?
I don't believe the Universal ban has been lifted. That one though, that one bugs me. He went in to the old Nickelodeon Studios with an employee many years ago. Then, several years after it happened, they took him aside while he was at the park and banned him for it. He didn't say but I think he took the ban over naming the employee that gave him the unauthorized tour. Complete conjecture though, can't say what happened when he was in the security office. But that was only about a year ago so he is likely still banned from there.

Not sure what the person did ( hairy?), but liking WDW does not excuse the consequences of his actions. As a family member, I don't see you being able to fix it for him (nor should you), especially if he is an adult. It makes it seem like he is not a responsible person. I would suggest letting a significant amount of time pass and have that person reach out to Disney to see if they are open to lifting the ban. He definitely shouldn't try to enter the property on the hopes that they won't catch him.

If he was trespassed from property and he tries to re-enter he can be charged criminally.

I advise going to a different theme park.

Well put. If I was a WDW employee receiving a request that a relative's lifetime ban be lifted, I probably wouldn't look at it twice since it doesn't show that the offender has learned anything from his actions. If he wants to be able to go back to Disney, that's his responsibility to plead his case. Not someone else's.

But for someone to be banned from Disney, typically it has to be something really bad.

Your family can go without him, and he can think about the mistake he made and learn from it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!