Is it just me.....

I just saw a Saratoga listing for 200 points , june ..with 76 points from 2016 banked, full 2017, 2018 points... listed at 108!! Oh my goodness....

Every once in a while a good deal will pop up you just have to grab it before anyone else.

Last edited:
we picked the wrong time to try to buy.

get on the email lists from the various resale places. Fidelity, the timeshare store, and DVC by resale seem to have the most reasonable pricing -- but the contracts go very fast.

I've used the timeshare store myself in a recent point transfer and it went smoothly. No issues at all.

get on the email lists from the various resale places. Fidelity, the timeshare store, and DVC by resale seem to have the most reasonable pricing -- but the contracts go very fast.

I've used the timeshare store myself in a recent point transfer and it went smoothly. No issues at all.

Did all that. I put in an offer literally a minute after i got one of those emails the ask again was $30 to $40 a point more then what it has been going for and was told someone beat me to it. They also told me that it if I really wanted a similar contract I should bid full asking

Did all that. I put in an offer literally a minute after i got one of those emails the ask again was $30 to $40 a point more then what it has been going for and was told someone beat me to it. They also told me that it if I really wanted a similar contract I should bid full asking

Crazy. You're literally about 5 months too late then. Hopefully for your sake things shift a little in a few months.

Hang tight

I just saw a Saratoga listing for 200 points , june ..with 76 points from 2016 banked, full 2017, 2018 points... listed at 108!! Oh my goodness....

At this price it's more difficult to recommend SSR as a cheap resort to buy in to use points anywhere in the system. I really doubt they can achive that, but I'm more and more happy that I bought when price was $50 pp.

Today's email brought a 100 point BLT contract, with banked points from 2016, all the points from 2017, and next years points coming in October 2018. Asking Price? $150 per point!

Frankly, that's just crazy. By the time someone gets through ROFR and closing, those banked points will be worthless (if not already gone), and it's already too late to bank the 2017 points.

I wonder how long this will sit before the seller realizes that they're $30+ per point too high?

The banked 2016 points are good for stays starting October 2017, so the purchaser would have almost a full year to use those points. With that said, they're still overpriced.

Another site had a few OKW 50 points today one at $90 per and 2 50 point extended at $102. the 2 extended are gone so you certainly know those are probably passing rofr at that price.

I'm really curious to know if demand is up or if supply is down.

I could see some long time owners that might have considered selling would be tempted to hold off until after star wars land opens up.

I could see some long time owners that might have considered selling would be tempted to hold off until after star wars land opens up.

Based on pricing maybe a combo of both

I think it is seasonal, and we will see a lot of supply in 1Q 2018. We are heading into the most popular season, so people want to take their trip before selling - and - annual fees always produce some soul searching about whether to keep the contract for some people. I guess time will tell.

I think it is seasonal, and we will see a lot of supply in 1Q 2018. We are heading into the most popular season, so people want to take their trip before selling - and - annual fees always produce some soul searching about whether to keep the contract for some people. I guess time will tell.

I've only been watching for the last 15 months, so I haven't seen more than one cycle. With that said, I don't remember prices going up during the summer at all last year. Of course I might have started looking right as prices had already started to peak.

In any case though, there was a lot more inventory out there. At least it seemed that way to me.

ah, really it's only insulting if you let it be. All power remains with you to accept or reject.

Agreed, it's just business, not personal. Some people don't want to pay hardly anything and they think just by asking they may get what they want. Sometimes they probably do.

Ended up putting in an offer on an extended OKW 50 contract that got accepted. More then I feel like I should have paid but well with in budget and below some of the insane prices I’ve seen. Plan to add 25 points direct after the new year and maybe another resale if the prices come down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!