Is it always this easy?

ilovecoasters

DIS Veteran
We just signed our paperwork Saturday and today I made my first call to reserve rooms. I was not optimistic about getting in, but boy was I wrong! We were able to get exactly what we wanted with no problems. This is what I booked so far.
SSR, studio for 9/15-9/17(can't believe this was open since HM is opening!)
BW, with boardwork view studio, 12/21-12/24
BC, studio, 2/9 my b-day
AKL, savannah studio, 3/30-4/2

As you see, we only take short trips. But, is it always THIS easy? I called with a list of 18 dates (just in case), expecting to be disappointed. Instead my first choices were easily accommodated and I even had choices of resorts. I am just amazed. I am so glad we did this!:cheer2:

I'm glad it worked out for you!:banana:

Well, it's not always sooo easy, even wanting weekends. For instance, we're going to AKV Sept. 16th and 17th lock off savannah view studios, we have 2, we're bringing DCuz. Awhile back, I tried to get the 15th, a Saturday..and all they had was 1 savannah view studio and it was dedicated, so we would have had to move anyway. I stayed on the waitlist until the month mark, without success. We're at POP...at first, I didn't want to spend the points for the Saturday, but when I decided that I would, it wasn't available. So...good for you! Enjoy your stays!!!! We do shortish stays too, like you, sort of frequent, the next one is for 5 nights at the end of October.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Congratulations on your upcoming trips! We had a studio at SSR reserved for 3/30-4/4, but just this morning switched to a 1 bdrm. SV at AKV. We had heard that it was complicated switching from UY points to the double developer points, but it was really easy and the CM I talked to was very helpful. :cloud9:

P.S. To the OP...it looks like we'll be at AKV at the same time next spring. Maybe we'll run into each other. :)

Congratulations on your upcoming trips! We had a studio at SSR reserved for 3/30-4/4, but just this morning switched to a 1 bdrm. SV at AKV. We had heard that it was complicated switching from UY points to the double developer points, but it was really easy and the CM I talked to was very helpful. :cloud9:

P.S. To the OP...it looks like we'll be at AKV at the same time next spring. Maybe we'll run into each other. :)

I'll be the one at Boma with nothing but a plate of zebra domes.:rotfl:
Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your trip!

I think short trips may be easier than long ones - we tried to book 10/25 to 5/11 and ended up with 3 short stays at different resorts with 4 nights spread across the time with nothing available. Luckily so far two have come up on the wait list - we're just holding out for 2 more. It is unusual for us to book this late though - as we're long stayers we'll have to abide by the 11 months window!

I have always had an easy time. We booked only 7 weeks out for our last trip and had lots of choices...BWV (Boardwalk view, no less!), AKV, VWL, SSR, and OKW. As you can see, at only 7 weeks out everything but BCV was available. This was for a 1 BR.

Welcome home!

And no, it is not always this easy, but it is not necessarily as impossible as some folks makw it out to be. As with everything, YMMV. It depends a lot on when you are going, how long your trip is, and what size accommodations you need.

The more flexible your travel dates and hotels are, the better off you will be. Some folks only want to stay in one resort and that's what makes availablility difficult at times. If you're not choosey where you stay and you can also juggle your travel dates, you're bound to be more successful than someone who has a narrow travel window and resort preference. Flexibility is the key to a happy DVC experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter