• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Is February a good time?

d4est

<font color=orange><b>The Tag Fairy is really Ghos
We always travel to FL in Feb (School break) usually the week following valentines. Can anyone tell me if this is a busy time at USO? Also, will it be a hard time to get ressis at a great rate (ent, FAN)? I do have AAA, but am not sure that it is the cheapest. I could also try hotelkingdom as the date gets closer. Do a lot of people use it?

Thanks, Laurie

... and stayed at HRH. We were there over Presidents' Day weekend. It was not terribly crowded in the parks, IMO, and with FOTL we never waited more than 10 minutes for anything.

As far as hotel rates are concerned, we got a great rate thru HotelKingdom in Nov., I believe... It was something like $144 a night for a standard, garden-view room. I signed up at the Loews site for Loews First and even got upgraded to a pool-view room! The rack rate for that room would have been something like $269, so I felt that our rate was excellent, especially considering that this was a holiday weekend.

All that being said, the weather that weekend was pretty horrible, so I kind of wished we'd waited 'til later in the spring to go. We've been several times in Feb. and never experienced the gray, wet, chilly weather we did this year. We're considering going back next year, but not sure about Feb.!!! :)

Happy planning,
Sarah

Unfortunately, we don't have a choice for travel times. I am a teacher so we have to go when I get a break from school. My husband works a seasonal job and cant travel from april to the end of Nov.

I am very anxious to book, but it is still too early. In Feb (2004) I booked our hotels using priceline (first time!) and was VERY pleased. We stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center for 83.00/night.

This time we want to only visit USO. I really want the added benefits of FOTL, so I am willing to forgo the priceline savings and pay more to stay on-site.

Thanks for your help Sarah

We were there during Presidents' Week this year. We had a King Suite at RPR at the rate of $299 per night - I could not get any kind of discount on this room. However, I could have booked a standard room through hotelkingdom.com at the rate of $146. I kept the suite because my son's girlfriend went with us and the king suite suited our needs better.

We enjoyed our stay very much and the crowds were not bad - especially with FOTL - that is the best! I would not hesitate to go again at that time of year. The weather was a little cool, but I'll take that over the heat of the summer any day.

I hope you find a good rate - I think you will.

Good luck and have fun!

what about this time as far as bookings? Is the free upgrade (loewsfirst member) out of the question or quite possible?

Well, I am Loews Gold and was not offered any kind of upgrade. RPR was sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter