Is EP Needed in September?

Adreana

Mouseketeer
First time going to Universal and its really stressing me out! I have no idea what I'm doing or what to plan. Should I purchase EP or change to a hotel that includes express pass? Were going Sept 13-20 With parks on the 15,18,19 and Volcano Bay on the 16th, HHN on the 14th and 17th.

Also OT but, can I bring sandwiches into any of the parks? Some of the food options I'm just not feeling and would honestly prefer a sandwich with chips.

Thanks so much!

There is a section on the uo website that addresses bringing food into the park

You can not bring in coolers on wheels or picnic baskets but can bring in food with you

Just look at the regulations UO lists is acceptable for your family

Weekends will have crowds since hhn begins on sept 14

The ep would be valuable on dates hhn will happen during your time period
for the weekend date you listed

Other dates you should be okay using the regular or single rider lines for rides

How many in your party and were you planning to stay on site? I don't think I'd ever buy EP but with a family of 5 it's very cost effective for us to stay at Royal Pacific. I'm not sure EP is ever needed at any other than the busiest times but it sure is nice to have. If it's not in your budget (or not something you want to spend money on) I'm sure you'll be fine, particularly with that many park days.

Also, don't stress. :flower: There isn't that much to plan. I stressed the first year we went because I was used to Disney planning and was stressed that there wasn't more. I kept feeling like there had to be more that I was missing. But really, you don't have to plan as much and it's a much more laid back atmosphere.

Were staying at Aventura so no included EP, and were not going to the parks during the day on HHN. I think I'm just going to go without EP. Where should we start in the parks with early entry? I'm guessing Harry Potter, but does anyone have some sort of itinerary? Also, for clarification, can I bring sandwiches in my book bag? No cooler or anything just would have my backpack. Thanks again!

You can bring sandwiches if that is what you want to do. I can't even imagine a sandwich in my backpack for half a day, but I am picky about my sandwiches. We do pack peanut butter crackers and sometimes chips, maybe cookies in our bag and have never been stopped.

I think with 3 days you will be ok without EP.

Early entry is for HPland. There might be another ride open at that time.

Honestly, as for itinerary, I would be sure to have the app on my phone so you can check wait times. Other than that, do the HP rides in the early entry park, walk around the area a while, then hop over to the other park for opening, probably walking because that train is a mad house when it first opens and do the other side HP rides, then let your app be your guide.

No matter the crowds, I can promise the HP ride lines will just build during the day so I would knock them off first thing, then you can go back close to closing if you want to do them again.

Also, if you buy food in the parks, you can always opt for the kids meal. I do it all the time because with snacking all day, it is fine. No shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter