Is anyone else a wreck the day before your Disney trip?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Doing my final packing now, gads i'm always a wreck the day before a vacation!! I get so nervous o_O

Once i'm down there i'm happy and fine, I just get soooo anxious a day before my travel day.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else gets like this before they travel?

~ Marina

you're lucky, I've got to wait another 32 days, 18 hrs before our 25th trip to the WORLD. And you would think it's my first time

Only when going to a new place. I was freaking out the day before we set off for New Orleans. I am never anxious about Disney. Probably why we go so often. After so many trips it is just second nature and we can shut off our brains and relax.

Hi all,

Doing my final packing now, gads i'm always a wreck the day before a vacation!! I get so nervous o_O

Once i'm down there i'm happy and fine, I just get soooo anxious a day before my travel day.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else gets like this before they travel?

~ Marina

Wow that's funny because I came on here and was going to ask the same question. Yes I'm a wreck with this trip especially. I have been going down my list of things to do all week, now we leave tomorrow at 6:45 pm for a 9:30 flight which will arrive a bit after midnight hopefully. This will be our first flying trip and my nerves have got the best of me. I guess the main thing is I have been in control of planning this trip, packing, making all arrangements, and once we are waiting for our taxi tomorrow night it's all in someone else's hands. Also I worry that I hope I'm physically well and not sick. While I'm very excited I'm keep talking to myself into staying calm with a whatever happens happens
attitude for now.

Nope, I drive down and have been down so many times I can sort of do it on autopilot. I don't pack until around 8 or 9 the night before, I sometimes go to the grocery store the day before and get me some travelling snacks and that's about it for me and planning. I'm going to be there 9/12-18 and have made more plans than normal because I'm going for F&W. I have one ADR booked, tea at GF. I have no FPs and won't until either the night of the 11th or the 12th. I do have a number of F&W things booked, Mediterranean food and wine pairing lunch, cheese seminar, a food demo and wine tasting at the Festival Center on the 15th, 16th and 17th. Now a dive trip, yep. I'm planning months out, I'm packing a week early and I'm not sleeping the night before we leave.

I have to make it through a day of work before my trip and I, typically, have 10-12 hour days. If I can make it through the day without crying, then I think I'm doing good. Haha.

I think for any trip there is always the "what the heck are we forgetting" phase. We are about 30 days out and starting our checklist, starting to put things aside and getting outfits together.

I used to be, but now I make a list for EVERYTHING and it really helps quell the anxiety. And when I mean everything, I'm not kidding... Packing lists galore, a list of things I need to do to get ready in the morning before we leave, a list of things to check in the house before we go, a list of last minute items to grab (usually put on a sticky note by the back door). It might seem like overkill but it works for me and I don't tend to forget things now!

Yes! We are 6 days out right now and starting yesterday I started getting little "pings" of anxiety in my stomach throughout the day. I sat down today and went through my lists to make a final packing/shopping list. Not much left to do or pack, other than last minute things, like toiletries that we use daily, hair straightener, irons, etc. I made sure I have all of my carry-on stuff is in the carry-on. Now just have to hurry up and wait. I'm so glad I am working during the week to keep my mind occupied otherwise I would be pacing like a caged lion!

We don't go until February and I am already a wreck! I think most of it is excitement.

I've been a wreck for a while now. Packing up my house, packing for Disney, and then moving the day after we get back from Disney. Yup just a lil stressed. Lol

I am always a crazy mess just before we leave. The anticipation is so built up by then I just need to get on the plane and collapse.

A good packing list helps, but yeah I have trouble sleeping the night before we leave.

Yes!! And my DH, DD (5) and I are traveling to Germany for two weeks this June to visit family and I am soo anxious about traveling with her overseas and dealing with the jet lag.

I will be this upcoming trip. We are taking our kids (2.5 &6 mon) for the first time, my husband will be a bit drunk as we drive down (he has a work event earlier in the day that involves drinking) and I will be doing all the major stuff getting out on time to keep the kids on a normal sleep schedule. Good thing we only live 2.5 hours away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!