Is 4 nights worth it?

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Would you go to WDW for only 4 nights if you had 2 small children? Is that even enough time to be worth while? The shortest trip we've ever made was 5 nights.

What do you think???

4 nights is better than nothing. :)

I guess it depends on how small the children are. We didn't take ours until they were 5.

Sure,
the first time we went, it was for 4 nights. We just did not go to Epcot at all because I thought the kids were too young to enjoy it. We went to Magic Kingdom for most of the time, and we went to MGM for 1 day. It was a great trip.

I WOULDN'T HAVE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT THIS ONE -----
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
OUR FIRST TRIP OUT THERE IN '98 WAS 4 NIGHTS ---
I FIND THE SHORT TRIPS MAKE ME KEEP WANTING TO GO FOR MORE! LOL!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi.. I notice you are in Indiana... are you flying to Orlando or driving?

I think that would make the difference for me - it's a long way to drive for a 4 night stay... but if it was a quick flight - then I would say go for it.

The first time I took my daughter to WDW it was just for 2 nights after a cruise.

Got to the hotel by 1pm the first day and swam, relaxed then went to MGM for a couple of hours... day two we went to Animal Kingdom and then a character meal at night at GF, next day we did MK in the morning and still had time for a swim before leaving for the flight at 4pm.

I feel we did really well on our limited time and still did not feel rushed or jipped if you know what I mean.

Good Luck!

>>^..^<<

We always fly. It's a non-stop flight, and only about 2 hours. :) We did drive down once, without our kids, it took us two days. :eek: I can't imagine doing that now with a one year old and three year old. :p

I'm taking my 2 dds ( 3 & 5 ) for 5 nights this summer. It will be the shortest trip but I am so looking forward to it. I know from your posting, that you are quite the Diser, so its not like you will have to cram everything in. I'd say go for it.

Laura

I didn't think I'd ever do it, but since now I have the money, but time is the question I do this. I go frequently enough that I can create a "must" list and an "if time" list. I believe from your posts you go fairly often as well. Go ahead and enjoy yourselves otherwise when those 4 days arrive you will be bummed that you didn't go ahead and do it!;)

Erika,

Most of our trips are two nights!The longest we've stayed is three nights!!!! Our next trip will be 4. Our son ,who was 3 on the first trip, does great! Actually, on our three night stay at AKL he cried and wanted to go home the last morning. He was "parked out"!

We have a three hour drive. If you have the money and the kids do fine on the plane, go for it!!!

We usually decide beforehand what parks to do in the mornings (when we are in comando mode) and then decide on what evening activities to do. Epcot is good "relaxing evening " park for us, maybe MK if Spectro is happening. We plan on one sit-down meal a day. We might skip a park every trip, but manage to hit at least three.

We went to Universal for 5 nights and then 2 nights at Disney during the busy season! All we could do is MK. Too much to see too much to do there. 4nts/3dys....You can do it. I would probably do 2 days at MK and 1 day at AK or MGM.

Absolutely - yes! I have a very busy job and cannot really take much time off.... last year we sqeezed in a 4 night trip over a holiday weekend (Memorial Day). Wish it could have been longer, but we made the most out of it! We arrived early Sat. morning off of a redeye - went to Epcot all that day, and relaxed at BWV. Sunday morning we did MK early entry. That night we went to the Studios and did Fantastmic. Monday we went to Islands of Adventure at Universal, and then did Disney Quest / DTD that evening. Tuesday we did EE at MGM, then went to Blizzard Beach and the Animal Kingdom for a bit, and then ate at Fultons Crab House (great lobster!). Left early Wed. morning. GREAT trip. If you plan in advance and do EE or just get up early, you can really do a lot in 4 days. 4 days is probably enough with young kids!

I also took a 4 night trip in Dember 2000 - it was all I could do, and it was GREAT! Stayed at the Beach Club.

We actually prefer the shorter trips now. It's less time to get fights started, LOL. ;) But, now as DVC members, it might not be so bad since we'll all have our "own" space. :)

We went for 4 nights for my 40th birthday, my kids are older than yours so we did the full out commando routine. We had a blast -- did all parks on our last day.

It would not be worth it for us coming from MN. Airfare is toooo high even with the lowest fare I can find.

If I could find an airfare rate less than $l50, then I would go for shorter than a week.

herc.

Just don't try to do it all.

However, so many make assumption that Epcot is not for young kids. My young kids preferred Epcot to Magic Kingdom. While MK is fun is some ways, it also has a lot of scary rides that they just don't like. And, it is much more crowded. When I ask what their favorite thing at Disney is they say Spaceship Earth!

....4 nites in Indiana(or any OTHER place, for that matter!), or 4 nites in WDW, 4 nites in Indiana or 4 nites in WDW...hey, is this a TRICK question??!?!?!

(note to all you Hoosiers out there....believe me, I'm NOT making fun of Indiana; I'm sure it's a LOVELY state ~ after all, I live in NJ!)

Yes! I would definetly go for it. As a previous poster said, just limit som running around and you should be fine. Maybe you could get an early arriving flight and late departure to make use of your days!

--Maren :earsgirl:

I've taken many 4 day trips to WDW, but never with children. Always by myself. I arrive as early as possible the first day and stay as long as possible the last. Like you, I go frequently, and these 4 day trips are a great cure for "Mickey withdrawal symptoms" :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter