International Festival of the Holidays (previously known as Holidays Around the World)

Do we think the holiday storytellers will start early too or just the food?
Good question. I assumed it was everything listed in the announcement. (And I hope so as some of our party needs to leave a day after Thanksgiving.) Except Candlelight Processional, of course, which we've known the dates of for some time.

To me it seems like they're trying to capitalize on calling it a "Festival", like the Food & Wine Festival, Flower & Garden Festival, and that new art festival. People make special trips for those so it seems to me that calling it a "festival" makes it sound like a bigger deal?

Bingo! This is my thought too.

This makes me very happy especially that it's starting November 19th. It will great having more time to enjoy all the holiday offerings.

I just saw the page on Disney for the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays running from November 19 to December 30, 2017. This page includes mention of a holiday illuminations yet when I click over to Illuminations page it only mentions that there is a holiday finale November 24 – December 30, 2017. Is the finale the only difference added to regular illuminations or will it still be holiday themed from the Nov 19-23 but extended with an additional finale Nov 24-Dec 30?
I'll need to decide if it is worth going back to Epcot on the 19th and staying until the show ends after 9PM. My magic express will probably be at 3 AM the next morning so I wasn't planning on doing any evening park. We may decide to alter our last park day and park hop back over there after lunch if Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree is worth it for the kids but staying late might be tough.

Does anyone know if you could use a QS credit for the larger meals at the holiday booths last year?

I just saw the page on Disney for the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays running from November 19 to December 30, 2017. This page includes mention of a holiday illuminations yet when I click over to Illuminations page it only mentions that there is a holiday finale November 24 – December 30, 2017. Is the finale the only difference added to regular illuminations or will it still be holiday themed from the Nov 19-23 but extended with an additional finale Nov 24-Dec 30?
I'll need to decide if it is worth going back to Epcot on the 19th and staying until the show ends after 9PM. My magic express will probably be at 3 AM the next morning so I wasn't planning on doing any evening park. We may decide to alter our last park day and park hop back over there after lunch if Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree is worth it for the kids but staying late might be tough.
I don't know if anyone knows the answer to your question, but from past experience it's been a finale added on the same date that the holiday storytellers/Candlelight Processional began. But now that those two events appear to be starting almost a week apart, I'm not sure. The "announcement" with the dates starting Nov 19 also mentioned the Processional, but so far it still appears that doesn't begin until the 24th. I expect there will only be one holiday finale added on, but starting on the 19th or the 24th is the big question. Imagine a Disney announcement being vague, confusing, and contradictory. :rolleyes1

IMG_3428.JPG IMG_3429.JPG IMG_3431.JPG
Does anyone know if you could use a QS credit for the larger meals at the holiday booths last year?
I'm wondering as well, since I believe they are more kiosk style locations, not sure they're capable of redeeming QS credits. But from looking at some pictures, they can certainly process snack credits.

So a lot of the entrees from the snack booths last year seemed expensive. Were you not able to use dining plan credits for most of the booths?

Nevermind, I see others have asked this question. Popular question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter