Interesting thought about my Dec trip

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
Someone brought up something that I never thought of before. As many of you know, I am currently staying at CBR by myself from Dec 26 to Jan 3 for 2612, including the silver dream maker package and this will be my first trip back to WDW since I was 6 (1980). I would be very happy to stay the whole time at CBR, but lots of people seem to rave about AKL and so I really want to stay there (atleast for a couple of days, even if it is not for the whole trip since I really love animals).

These dates are pretty much set in stone. I have Dec 24 to Jan 5 off of work, and this is why I choose these dates.

I am trying to find away to stay at AKL for the entire stay, but the price right now is awfully high and can't be done :( .

I am currently staying at CBR from Dec 26 to Jan 3 for 2612, including the silver dream maker package. My thinking is, that I would got to the parks first thing in the morning, come back to the resort, around 1 or so, swim and lay out (weather permitting) and go back for dinner and evening theme park stuff.
Since I am going alone, I probably will take a couple of the theme park tours and see Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba.

However, it seems that I could go with the regular dream maker package (length of stay theme park pass only), and break my stay into two hotels Dec 26 thru Dec 29 at CBR and then the morning of Dec 30 to Jan 3 move over to AKL for around $2701 both resort reservations would be with standard rooms. I could stay at AKL in a Savannah View Room, but that would jump the price to around $2990, ($289 more).

As far as room only reservations, and paying for the tickets and stuff seperate, I can stay at CBR (stand room) for $820.64 (Dec 26 to Dec 30) and AKL (stand room) for $1445.05 (Dec 30 - Jan 3) or (savannah view) for $1828.60 (Dec 30 - Jan 3). Doing it this way would come up to:

If I did this seperately, I would probably purchase the Annual Pass for $392.99 (same price as 8 day ultimate hopper according to WDW website).

Standard Rooms+AP = $2658.68
Stand room/Savannah (AKL)+AP = $3042.99

One of my concerns, is would it be worth the extra money to stay in a Savannah View room.

Another concern is that I wont have the two wishes to use for meals, tours, shows, etc, if I split it up and am not really sure how much the meals would cost. Also, I want to see Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba at that would be around $82.

If anyone has any idea on how this could work out, or any suggestions please let me know because they will be really really appreciated. This way I can tell my travel agent Susan how to change my plans.ns.

I'm lost in the numbers....

I can offer a couple of thoughts.

First, I would NOT count on swimming and laying around the pool. It may happen, but chances are it could be too cold, especially for laying out. I've been there twice at this time and one time swimming was possible on some days with temps in the 70-80's during the day. The previous trip, we were lucky to see 50 degrees during the day with most days in the 40's and the nights/evenings dipping into the 20's. Some people were jumping in the pool but they were also running very quickly back to their rooms.

My other suggestion would be to allow yourself to be flexible. Especially since you are on your own, don't feel you have to go first thing in the morning and then go back and rest. See how you feel about your days. Have a rough plan but feel free to make changes...stop and watch a show instead of racing from one line to another...that type of thing.

Another consideration on the pass -- A regular AP does not include admission to the water parks or PI. You might want to figure that into your planning. If you will be returning to WDW again this year, then the AP probably is the way to go.

Hopefully the AP would also offer some discount on your room, lowering the total overall cost. I also think (please correct me if I'm wrong) your AP gives discounts on food and shops etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter