Interesting Survey

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
I just recieved a survey via email regarding travel style, types and itineraries. They ask a few basic questions and then the questions become focused on Adventures by Disney. There were about 5 places that ABD does not travel to at the moment and also questions about current itineraries.

The questions about ABD were mostly if you would be interested in going on an ABD tour to these places and they gave propsed itinearies, after I answered about weather I was interested in a location or not for about 15 trips they then asked questions about if you would go based on the cost and gave an estimate what the costs would be. The latter part of the survey focus heavily on Hawaii and tours there as well as staying at the New Disney resort they are building.

Some of the places the survey propsed that are not already part of ABD were"
Hawaii
Argentina and Brazil
Egypt

At the end of the survey when you click the last answer the browser redirects to ABD. I wonder if and when they will be adding new itineraries. Hawaii won't be for another 2 years since they seem to plan on using the Disney Resort and that isn't scheduled to open until 2011

Anyone else get this survey?

I just recieved a survey via email regarding travel style, types and itineraries. They ask a few basic questions and then the questions become focused on Adventures by Disney. There were about 5 places that ABD does not travel to at the moment and also questions about current itineraries.

The questions about ABD were mostly if you would be interested in going on an ABD tour to these places and they gave propsed itinearies, after I answered about weather I was interested in a location or not for about 15 trips they then asked questions about if you would go based on the cost and gave an estimate what the costs would be. The latter part of the survey focus heavily on Hawaii and tours there as well as staying at the New Disney resort they are building.

Hawaii
Argentina and Brazil
Egypt

At the end of the survey when you click the last answer the browser redirects to ABD. I wonder if and when they will be adding new itineraries. Hawaii won't be for another 2 years since they seem to plan on using the Disney Resort and that isn't scheduled to open until 2011

I got the survery too.

me three......I have taken many a disney survey...but never ended at one of their sites!

I got the survey 10-29 and thought I'd do it this morning. No longer available. I guess they only want feedback for less than 48 hours.

I took the survey too (was secretly hoping for the 10% off your next ABD certificate as a "thanks" for taking the survey - :rotfl2:- but was not to be. Ha!).
I'd be really excited about a Hawaii ABD for the prices they were talking about. $2700 (if I recall correctly) for an adult for 6 nights in Hawaii looks pretty good compared with most of the current trips' pricing.
I'd wished I'd screen printed the various options for the Hawaii ABDs so I could compare with what they end up with. Maybe there will be more than one? - that would be cool! Or one base trip with various "add-ons"? Maybe someone else who takes the survey might want to screen print the options. I did think the pricing was pretty reasonable - guess the price is more affordable staying on Disney property.
Now I'm tempted to skip doing a trip this year and save up for Hawaii!

I took the survey too (was secretly hoping for the 10% off your next ABD certificate as a "thanks" for taking the survey - :rotfl2:- but was not to be. Ha!).
I'd be really excited about a Hawaii ABD for the prices they were talking about. $2700 (if I recall correctly) for an adult for 6 nights in Hawaii looks pretty good compared with most of the current trips' pricing.
I'd wished I'd screen printed the various options for the Hawaii ABDs so I could compare with what they end up with. Maybe there will be more than one? - that would be cool! Or one base trip with various "add-ons"? Maybe someone else who takes the survey might want to screen print the options. I did think the pricing was pretty reasonable - guess the price is more affordable staying on Disney property.
Now I'm tempted to skip doing a trip this year and save up for Hawaii!

I don't know if everyone go the same survey as it seemed based on the first few answers in the begining of the survey but there was a question near the end about Hawaii and they had four different proposed trips, each trip comprised two islands and they also asked if you would be interested in a possible add on for another island on some of them.

I got the survey, too. Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything, 'cause I want to discuss all this, too, but you guys all agreed to a confidentiality clause at the start, before you even took the survey, to not disclose any of the contents of the survey. I'm really torn about this, as I LOVE discussing all these possibilities with you, but if they find that folks who get the surveys leak all the contents to everyone, are they going to quit doing the surveys? I doubt it, but I'm still torn. Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I'm curious what you guys think about this. Maybe they *want* us to leak these ideas, so they can read the boards & get our opinions here, too? ACK!

(And personally, the Hawaii trips sounded really cool to me, especially since they seemed to have a lot of options. We'll see...)

Sayhello

Hmmm....wonder why they didn't send the survey to me...with 2 ABD trips under my belt, I would think they would want to keep us interested. (or maybe they read on the Disboard's that I booked a trip with Tauck for next year, hehehe)

Hmmm....wonder why they didn't send the survey to me...with 2 ABD trips under my belt, I would think they would want to keep us interested. (or maybe they read on the Disboard's that I booked a trip with Tauck for next year, hehehe)

My survey came to the email address that I used to register at DisneyParks.com. It's not the email address I gave to Adventures by Disney. So I don't think there was any connection to us being previous customers. In fact, one of the questions was something to the effect of have you ever heard of ABD.

My survey came to the email address that I used to register at DisneyParks.com. It's not the email address I gave to Adventures by Disney. So I don't think there was any connection to us being previous customers. In fact, one of the questions was something to the effect of have you ever heard of ABD.
Oh, now that's interesting. Because I used the same email address for both. So I wasn't sure. But it does make sense, since it seemed to assume you might not have taken an ABD...

Sayhello

I got the survey, too. Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything, 'cause I want to discuss all this, too, but you guys all agreed to a confidentiality clause at the start, before you even took the survey, to not disclose any of the contents of the survey. I'm really torn about this, as I LOVE discussing all these possibilities with you, but if they find that folks who get the surveys leak all the contents to everyone, are they going to quit doing the surveys? I doubt it, but I'm still torn. Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I'm curious what you guys think about this. Maybe they *want* us to leak these ideas, so they can read the boards & get our opinions here, too? ACK!

(And personally, the Hawaii trips sounded really cool to me, especially since they seemed to have a lot of options. We'll see...)

Sayhello

I have to disagree with you, naming location is not violating the confidentiality clause, now if I went and stated the various aspects of the itineraries then that would be a violation. Beside the fact that most of the questions in the survey were based on locations and itineraries that are already a part of ABD. In fact when I was in California in June an emplioyee told me that they were looking to bring back hawaii and use the DVC/Resort that is being built there.

Hawaii
Argentina and Brazil
Egypt

I received the same survey. Funny how they try to be unbias but about 1/3 of the way through you can tell what they are after.

I also liked how they referred back to previous questions and excepted you to remember every detail.

I have to disagree with you, naming location is not violating the confidentiality clause, now if I went and stated the various aspects of the itineraries then that would be a violation. Beside the fact that most of the questions in the survey were based on locations and itineraries that are already a part of ABD. In fact when I was in California in June an emplioyee told me that they were looking to bring back hawaii and use the DVC/Resort that is being built there.
It is easy to figure out that Hawaii will be a ABD when the resort is done. Nothing secret about that.

I was very honest in my responses how Disney quality and high prices is making me review other destinations. I hope they take the survey serious.

I also liked how they referred back to previous questions and excepted you to remember every detail.

On the question where they asked which of the Hawaii options would you prefer and just had the name of the island, I couldn't remember which was which. The next question was why did I pick the one I selected, and I had to say I just picked one at random because I couldn't remember which itinerary went with which island and that they should include a short description on the previous question. It was silly - like you're going to memorize the half page description they had previously given for each trip. Enjoyed the opportunity to give my opinion though. I also mentioned that the increased prices had led me to research other options.

I didn't get the survey, but if the places listed are future places ABD is thinking of going . . . ?

Hawaii
I would say that is probably tied into the resort Disney is building in Hawaii. Because I know both ABD and Tauck Bridges previously offered tours to Hawaii, but neither company is offering a tour to Hawaii in 2010.

Argentina and Brazil
It'd seem to be a natural for ABD, since they're offer a tour to Peru, which seems to be quite popular.

Egypt
Well, the Middle East does seem to be a popular destination at the moment.

The tour I'd like to see reinstated, which was offered in the past, but is not being offered in 2010 is the ABD tour from Boston to New York City. Back in the early '60's I use to live in that general area, but I haven't been back since, and I think ABD would be a good way to see how things have changed since then.

The tour I'd like to see reinstated, which was offered in the past, but is not being offered in 2010 is the ABD tour from Boston to New York City. Back in the early '60's I use to live in that general area, but I haven't been back since, and I think ABD would be a good way to see how things have changed since then.
The Boston to New York City tour never actually happened. That tour got pulled before a single trip went (we assume due to lack of interest). I'm thinking they would need to seriously re-work the itinerary before they offered it again.

Sayhello

We did the Hawaii ABD in 2006 for Oahu and the Big Island, and we had a great time. We did 3 nights on each island and activities included Volcanoes Nat'l park, Pearl Harbor, surfing lessons with Hawaii Fire, and outrigger canoing, among other things. It was a fabulous trip. I hope they bring that trip back, as I am looking forward to going to the Hawaii Disney resort, with or without ABD. I did not get the survey, alas. . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter