Insurance from offsite wheelchair rental ?

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
What does this insurance typically cover? The last two trips we used disney's because DH is concerned what if the wheelchair is stolen? Would that be covered?

You may need to ask the company you want to rent from for that specific question.

Usually, it means if you bump the wheelchair or say a wheel gets dented and stuff like that for insurance coverage.

The only company I see that offers insurance is Walker, and they refer to it specifically as Scooter Damage Insurance. I would expect that the customer or possibly that person's homeowners insurance would be responsible for stolen equipment.

That said, I'm not aware of any stolen ECVs. When you leave the scooter, take the key. CMs may move it to enhance traffic flow, so it may not be exactly where you left.

Yes, it seems if they have insurance it's only for damage. Walker mobility said they have never had an issue with theft.

Most of the time,we will have the wheelchair with us, but there will be times, it will be outside a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!