Insight about Pop century new rooms

AMK53

Mouseketeer
getting excited about our upcoming trip on 12/6. Staying at Pop Century for two days (later addition to the trip) and then moving to Yacht Club concierge level.

I have stayed at Pop twice and was less than comfortable in their beds. But heard about the refurb and when we stayed at Art of Animation suite, I loved the murphy bed.

Can anyone compare the murphy bed at Pop to the ones in AOA suites?

Also requested a newly refurbished room and hope that happens! Has anyone requested a newly refurbished room and gotten an old room?

Has anyone requested a newly refurbished room and gotten an old room?
Yes, this happened to several people. Word has gotten out that the refurbished rooms are pretty nice, and now the demand is greater than the supply. I'm hoping for a refurbished room when we check-in on Tuesday!

getting excited about our upcoming trip on 12/6. Staying at Pop Century for two days (later addition to the trip) and then moving to Yacht Club concierge level.

I have stayed at Pop twice and was less than comfortable in their beds. But heard about the refurb and when we stayed at Art of Animation suite, I loved the murphy bed.

Can anyone compare the murphy bed at Pop to the ones in AOA suites?

Also requested a newly refurbished room and hope that happens! Has anyone requested a newly refurbished room and gotten an old room?
I'm sure others will chime in but I'll note the 2 beds are not at all alike. Though I haven't been on either one of them.
The Murphy bed at AoA is the bed that folds up for the table, right? It's not a "full and regular bed" as I understand it
The bed at Pop is a normal, Queen size bed. It just happens to move up and out of the way in case you need more room (since the rooms are so small I joke I had to go outside to change my mind)
So the Pop one should be a better bed. I'm curious to see if folks who have been on both felt it was

And yes, there are lots of people who want refurbished rooms and don't get them. So much that I cancelled our room for Pop for New Years and moved to POR instead. I'm willing to give Pop another chance someday but only when I get a refurbed room. So I decided I had better wait till they are all done

I stayed at AoA just after it opened in 2012 and in Pop last month. While I didn't sleep on the murphy bed in our AoA suite, I did "try it out" and it felt very hard to me. I put 2 of my kids on the sleeper sofa instead of 1 on each bed.

The pull down at Pop was super comfy, though. It didn't feel like the same bed I remember from AoA (though it's been 5 years between trips).

I have slept on both the AoA Murphy and the Pop Murphy. They are very similar, with the exception that the mattress is a bit thicker and therefore a bit more comfortable at Pop. Of course, the AoA beds have been around longer, and it's possible that when the mattresses are replaced they could be thicker. Both beds were very comfortable. I did not have to share the Murphy either time, so I cannot comment on the difference of full size vs. queen size, but if you need the larger bed Pop is your choice. Both beds had a light switch in the headboard to turn on overhead lights for reading. The second half of my September trip was solo, and even though I could have switched over to the regular bed, I slept the entire trip on the Pop Murphy - it was that good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter