Infant friendly rides

Z

Zipitydooda

Hey Everybody,
We are going to DW with our 3yr old and our 4 month old. Our question is can we take the 4 month old on all of the rides without a height restriction? We will bring a sling type carrier to wear him but we're not sure if DW allows you to have an infant on your "lap" for the rides. We are on an annual pass so please do not limit your great advice to just MK.
Thanks,
Mrs. Zipitydooda

I was relieved at the amount of rides our 2 y/o could ride-even when I was holding her on my shoulder while she slept!! The ones I remember are:

Epcot
Universe of Energy(loud and dark, though)
Spaceship Earth
El Rio del Tiempo
Living with the Land

MK
Snow White
Dumbo
Aladdin
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
It's a Small World

AK-it rained really hard so we only rode Kilimajaro Safari

These all seemed like good "lap children" rides. Hope this helps:D

We took our DD when she was 4 months. I can't think of anything except the height restricted rides that we couldn't take her on. We Baby swapped for those rides. It was not our best trip to be honest, but she was not an easy baby! The child care centers were very nice and quiet for feeding her and changing her. I spent some time there while DH had DD3 doing other things. One note I wanted to make because we had a problem with it, was that I would make her an occasional formula bottle for her if I was somewhere I couldn't nurse. It took me about half the week to figure out that she wouldn't take it if I mixed it with tap water at WDW. I usually would get some hot water from one of the restaurants or food courts, and she would not drink it. I started mixing it with bottled water that we brought to the parks, and she took it fine. I guess it tasted funny to her. You may not have any problems, but I thought I would mention it to you just in case. The sling is a great idea , I used a baby pack, because you can't take those strollers in line with you. Also, I always brought my own stroller, so I would have it at the resort, and walking to and from the parking lots and buses. This was more info than you asked for, but they were just some things that stuck out in my mind. As I said it was not our best trip, but we're going to try again in October 2003, and we'll have DD #3 who will be about 6 months old with us. So it wasn't so bad that I would never do it again. Best of luck with your trip, hope you have a great time. Erin

Hi Zipity-
We took DD at 9 months and she rode just about everything without a height restriction. They are allowed to sit in your lap on anything without the restriction. The only thing she didn't like was the Tiki Birds- I think it was because it was loud, but other loud things didn't bother her (she slept through Illuminations!), so who knows. We took the baby carrier, but never used it. Since your baby is younger, you might find it helpful. We used the stroller and then just carried her in line and on rides. We found it easier just to carry her than to switch between stroller/carrier all the time.

Have fun!

We took my 5mo neice in July and rode just about everything at MK, MGM and AK that didn't have height or pregnancy restrictions (I was 2mo pregnant at the time as well). We would carry her in the Baby Bjorn and she would ride the rides in her carrier.

I also second the Baby Center comment. They are all great! The people working there were very friendly and willing to help. There are separate nursing rooms for privacy and a TV room for your 3you to take a break in as well.

Have a great time.

We took our dd when she was 6 1/2 months old and she went on everything that we did except things with a height restriction. I wore her in the baby bjorn and kept her in it for the rides. She had a blast! She even fell asleep while nursing on Spaceship Earth!

The baby care centers at Magic Kingdom and Epcot were great; the one at MGM was awful. I nursed her everywhere though because I was not about to trek across a park when she was hungry.

She had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter